Jagged Edge LPP Polyester. 1985

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:49 pm

This was my latest 16mm purchase about a month ago on the 16mm gauge, (passed to family as it was my Bday pressy), so it's taken a while to get around the viewing it and today i could only do reel one, reel two will be tomorrow possibly Saturday due to other commitments at present, but wow this was definatly worth the
wait. As with many of my purchases i have struck a bit of gold with this starring Jeff Bridges and Glenn Close and a host of other familiar faces from the 80s this is an excellent 1985 courtroom drama which has the benefit of being on LPP stock so quality is assured. No splices and only the faintest of a line for the first few seconds then after the film is like new. Superb, supplied on 2 x 2000ft spools this is the theatrical version, not a TV version. I will also add, as always, these images are poop compared to what you actually see on screen, the colours jump right out at you.
The plot,
San Francisco heiress Page Forrester is brutally murdered in her remote beach house. Her husband Jack is devastated by the crime but soon finds himself accused of her murder. He hires lawyer Teddy Barnes to defend him, despite the fact she hasn't handled a criminal case for many years. There's a certain chemistry between them and Teddy soon finds herself defending the man she loves.

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Del Phillipson

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 03.02.2018 | Top

RE: Jagged Edge LPP Polyester. 1985

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:55 pm

Outstanding print, image quality and title once again there Tom! Beautiful print matey.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Del Phillipson likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:13 pm

Brilliant ... and a great film too

Remember me, if you decide to sell

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#4 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:14 pm

I'm really pleased for you Tom, that you are managing to get these top quality prints of films that are special to you. That must have really made your birthday. Much better than that plastic disc thingy we don't mention. Your screenshots are superb as always, and as you rightly say, that screenshots don't do the films justice, so I can imagine how fantastic that looked on your screen. Well done. Look forward to your pics and review of the second part.

Robert Crewdson

#5 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:15 pm

I think you will have a long wait for that Vidar.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Del Phillipson and Tom Photiou
Robert Crewdson

#6 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:21 pm

I know, probably dead before it happens :-)

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:22 pm

Especially as it was a present from his mother, Vidar.
I am sure Tom will treasure this print for the rest of his life, I know I would anyhow.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Del Phillipson and Tom Photiou
Andrew Woodcock

#8 by Tom Photiou , Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:02 pm

Correct a mondo.
Its funny how the 80s movies seem so much better now.i think its because they were full of great actors and in my opinion, better special effects and better stories. Todays movies apart from the odd good one, seems utter s*** to me. Every other film is yet another CGI ridden load of trash, one new superhereo film after another, another reboot or yet another star wars episode.
Each to there own but cant todays film makers come up with something new with a bit of intelligence behind it?

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Del Phillipson

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#9 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:21 pm

Totally agree, ‘80s films are my favorites. Effects made by artists, not computers ... I have no new actors I like particularly. Older ones, a big bunch of good times ones. Granted, some of the good ones turned crap these days. Nicholas Cage was an actor I admired, but he turned shite nowadays. John Cusack too. Y favorites are still actors like Paul Newman, Steve McQueen, James Stewart, Charlton Heston, Glenn Ford, Jeff Bridges, Meg Ryan (turned ugly these days sadly), Nancy Allen, Phoebe Cates (perhaps the most beautiful woman ever?), Lorne Greene and those guys (I needed to stop, but many more of course)

Jagged Edge here has Robert Loggia, also a great actor

CGI and Digital destroyed the film industry for me, damn you, George Lucas

The following members like this: Del Phillipson and Tom Photiou

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#10 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:44 pm

I found watching the extras on the James Bond DVDS interesting, they show you how they achieved some of the special effects. They were craftsmen , using techniques that in many cases had been developed in the days of silent film. It doesn't require much intelligence to do special effects on the computer. Today's special effects are way over the top.

The following members like this: Mats Abelli, Del Phillipson and Tom Photiou
Robert Crewdson

#11 by Mats Abelli , Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:58 pm

Nice print Vidar. I agree about todays films. Most of them don´t interest me. My favourites are from the thirties up to the eighties.

The following members like this: Del Phillipson and Tom Photiou

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#12 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:58 pm

Like our friend Rob Young alluded to also recently, I don't find there are too many films worth getting over excited about these days.
His point was that he rents a movie more often these days rather than buying them to own, simply because for the vast majority of them, he doesn't expect to be wanting to see any of them too often afterwards, if it all.

I agree that the 80's was a special time in history for many different reasons but also because of the films and actors that were involved back then.
It might have something to do with being slightly biased as quite a few of us here were in our prime back then enjoying our heyday, but I don't believe it's entirely due to just those reasons. More the fact that the standards of most things back then just seemed a little higher where creativity and innovation is concerned.

There was genuine variety and individuality in most aspects of art forms back then, something that seems sadly lacking now in this era for the most part.

The following members like this: Del Phillipson, Mats Abelli and Tom Photiou
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:06 pm | Top

#13 by Del Phillipson , Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:01 pm

Great looking print Tom, well done, one of my favourite thrillers.

Vidar Olavesen likes this

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

#14 by Gwyn Morgan , Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:29 pm

Nice one Tom.

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#15 by Tom Photiou , Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:13 pm

Viewed the final reel today, a perfect print in all with no marks, no splices. Just goes to show what is hiding out there & without parting with ridiculous sums of dosh.
Whats next?

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

Last edited 03.03.2018 | Top

#16 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:13 pm

I'm very glad that the second part is as good as the first, a perfect print Tom. Surprisingly these like new prints are still to be found.

Robert Crewdson

#17 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:24 pm

It's simply all about looking after them Robert. If people do this, there will still be plenty in top order in decades to come.

Andrew Woodcock

Hannie Caulder Full Feature Masked for Widescreen
Kidnapped, 2 x 1200 + 1 x 1600 Scope Colour

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor