Shocking state

#1 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:56 pm

Reading Martin Dew's statement that his B&H projector has never scratched any of his films; mine is the same. I do clean the gate before every show and often use a small nozzle on a vacuum cleaner to pick up any debris that might be lurking.

This print of 'Goldfinger' recently came up on Ebay, and all I can think of is that it's probably passed through several hands, and I wonder if any of them ever cleaned their projector. the seller, well known on Ebay, said it was from his own private collection, which would make you think you were getting something special. even in this condition it sold for £225.

The following members like this: Del Phillipson and Martin Dew
Robert Crewdson

RE: Shocking state

#2 by Tom Photiou , Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Now i am not fussy these day's like i use to be, a few light black base lines are one thing but jeepers, i could not sit through that film in that condition, and someone paid THAT price for it??????
I would be embarrassed showing that to any audience, this is the sort of example that if you did show anyone, it would undermine our hobby and make a mockery out of it.

One thing you cannot do is show off 8,16,35, 70 or 9.50 if a film looks like that. I think the only place for that print is either, The bin, or keep for testing projectors, (except looking to see if a machine is scratching)

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

Del Phillipson likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#3 by Clyde Miles , Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:58 pm

looks like ex rental, well, well run print, shame lovely tech colour.

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Del Phillipson

Clyde Miles
Date registered 08.09.2015
home: bromsgrove, worcs, uk
ThankYou 19

#4 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:01 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I couldn't sit through that either Tom; when it comes to 16mm i'm not so fussy either. These prints were never intended for the private collector, so I'm grateful to have them, and the small imperfections don't matter too much. Also many of these titles were never available in Super 8. I wouldn't want this for £50. The seller to tried to push it by saying it was excellent IB Tech, and the only copy on Ebay. It might be the only copy at that time, but we know others are out there.

Del Phillipson likes this
Robert Crewdson

#5 by Del Phillipson , Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:16 am

my oh my, the world seriously has gone mad when £225.00 is spend on a film that is spent. Some people do clearly have too much spare cash on their hips. I would watch around 30 seconds of that before switching it off, looks like it's been through a Cinerex.

Tom Photiou likes this

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:36 am

it does Del, though to be fair look at what T2 fetched on 8 and that was described as being far worse than even these images here!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

The following members like this: Del Phillipson and Tom Photiou
Andrew Woodcock

#7 by Del Phillipson , Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:37 am

As I say, they must have money to burn.

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

Still learning
The Big Sleep

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0