perks of the job

#1 by David Alligan , Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:55 pm

In my line of work I very occasionally get offered a projector and normally its a Cinerex and they always end up in the local tip, a couple of weeks ago I had a customer come to me to drop off some 8mm film to be transferred to DVD, just as they were about to go he said could I make use of a projector, oh no I thought another Centrex, not wishing to be unkind I said thank you so off he trotted to his car and came back with a ........ Elmo cl16 I was astonished after thanking him he left and I took it into my work cabin, it had the original cover, when switched on I had to use a pair of pliers to run as their was no knob but apart from that it seemed fine, it really was a perks of the job.

If anyone knows where I can get a knob I would be very grateful I will put a picture up next week.

David

The following members like this: Mats Abelli, Gwyn Morgan, John Armer, Del Phillipson and Tom Photiou
David Alligan  
David Alligan
Date registered 07.11.2016
home: Felixstowe, Suffolk, UK
ThankYou 45

RE: perks of the job

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:44 pm

Van Eck or Bill Parsons perhaps. Guess Bill hasn’t tossed the spare parts he had

Love these machines myself, well done saving it

Tom Photiou likes this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 350

#3 by David Alligan , Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:36 pm

Dave Guest has come through for me with a spares or repair Elmo CL16 at a very good price so I now have plenty of spares and a forward/reverse knob
Thanks Dave

The following members like this: Mats Abelli and Martin Dew
David Alligan  
David Alligan
ThankYou 45

#4 by Maurice Leakey , Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:39 pm

Cinerex.
Few people ever loved them.
However, when my 9.5mm sound Pathescope Son was modernised with new "innards" it was difficult to find a motor small enough to fit into the available space. Eventually a scrap Cinerex projector provided the required motor.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Mats Abelli
Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

#5 by David Alligan , Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:52 pm

That's a pity Maurice you could have had 6 for nothing back in October as I dumped them at local tip , when I get another one I will let you know if you want it for spares.

David Alligan  
David Alligan
ThankYou 45

#6 by Maurice Leakey , Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:57 pm

That's very kind David, not only the motor was used, also its speed controller, the lamp holder and the transformer.

Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

Last edited 12.30.2017 | Top

anouther satisfied cusomer from las vegas
Two great additions

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 3
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor