Do I love you? Indeed I Do!

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:43 am

Anyone old enough to remember this revisited Northern Soul classic first time around?

Featured nowadays on a popular UK TV advert, this song epitomizes all I feel since both discovering and now since very fine tuning the most fantastic projector I've ever had the pleasure to use on a prolonged basis now.

The Beaulieu 708 el CD Stereo really has turned out to be the ONE to own, 4 yrs in.
Totally reliable and totally trustworthy!
Without this and the Bauer t610, I'd now only be interested in discussing the latest 4k laser projectors!

What a simply marvellous tool these really are!!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=do+...BC161&FORM=VIRE

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:29 pm | Top

RE: Do I love you? Indeed I Do!

#2 by Eivind Mork , Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:39 am

I am not familiar with this model. Is it manual threading? Looked a bit like that on the pictures I have seen.

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#3 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:41 am

I know, I want one

Del Phillipson

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:19 am

one will show up for you both Del and Stuart if you are constantly keeping them peeled.

I believe the advert btw to be totally genuine, so obviously someone just got there first sadly.

In answer to Eivind's question, no, they are not a manual lace machine but more a kind of Hybrid the way they lace. The auto thread function is simply one guide moving down by using a finger to activate a micro switch, then from the gate onwards, simply let go of the switch and guide, throw the projector main knob into "Run" mode,. .and away you go!
Works flawlessly time after time with correctly dovetailed film.

The laughable part of this aspect of the machine is that, when I first enquired about obtaining one around 4.5yrs ago, The dealer I was chatting to about these told me the number one complaint he had heard from users past, was that they were difficult to thread??

Nothing could be simpler or more reliable!

Lord only knows what these people had been attempting to do with one of these to get them laced??
As often the case, I suspect many hadn't even read and understood the instruction manual correctly and simply assumed that they thread in the same manner as most other machines, which of course, is not the case.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:56 am | Top

#5 by Stuart Reid , Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:41 pm

Got me dancing round the dining room - can't resist a bit of Nothern Soul :D

Stuart Reid
Date registered 03.07.2016
ThankYou 37

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:50 pm

One of our favourites too Stuart! We have many a "Northern" night in these quarters!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:50 pm | Top

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:57 pm

This guy gets them in on a fairly regular basis. Not the cheapest supplier in the world but he has an excellent reputation from what I have been led to believe and his goods are spot on I am reliably informed.

http://www.s8profis.de/de/filmprojektore...-8-projektoren/

For those with the necessary, here is an absolute beauty!

http://www.s8profis.de/de/beaulieu-708-h...jektor-357.html

I may have one of these for sale soon. A very rare Mag/ Optical Bauer. Hard to find now in the UK and is kind to film, can accept a Schneider Xenovaron F1.1 lens and uses the same A1 232 15v 150w lamp as many of the better machines!
The only limitations of this little beauty is it has no top sprocket and a 600ft capacity that cannot be extended to be used in conjunction with any LPU unit successfully due to lack of a top sprocket. If you are happy viewing your films on 600ft runs though, its a very nice mono machine and is extremely kind to film as you'd expect from this brand.

http://www.s8profis.de/de/bauer-t-190-ml...mprojektor.html

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:44 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Super 8mm prices.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor