Pluto's Christmas Tree. 200ft Colour Sound

#1 by Tom Photiou , Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:01 pm

Now here is a cartoon we have on the Walt Disney Christmas 400ft reel, unfortunately it is edited, so when our very own Andrew offered to sell this Disney 200 footer to me i was one happy bunny as we had been trying to get hold of this as a 200 ft release for a number of years. As i recall Andy found a Derann LPP print, (well, we would love to find one also but they are hard to find). Supplied to us in its original box, also in great condition i was very pleased to see that ,(like most Disney releases), the picture is pin sharp, the sound is excellent but the colour is also really really good. If there is any fade in there we cant see it. For anyone who wants just a few Xmas movies this one is probably one of the very best you could add to your collection. No splice and only the minutest of the thinnest black line which is virtually not even noticed. Originally released in November 1952.
As always, i will run you the plot with the help of my mate Wiki,
Mickey and Pluto are searching for a Christmas tree, while Chip and Dale are looking for acorns in the forest. Once Chip and Dale see Pluto, they hit him with acorns and tease him and run from his chasing and he goes into a mountain of snow and makes a dachshund shaped snowman. Once Pluto is distracted, they hide in a tree. Mickey chops down the very same tree unaware that Chip and Dale are in it.

Once they get home, Mickey and Pluto decorate the tree and Chip and Dale are admiring the decorations. While admiring the tree Pluto notices a light going on and off. His nose is near the light Dale was playing with. Once he finishes playing with that light, he attempts twisting what happens to be Pluto's nose. Chip pulls Dale away from Pluto with a candy cane. Pluto and Dale bark at each other and Dale throws some ornaments down for Pluto to catch. Mickey comes by and takes the ornaments from him to put back on the tree. Dale goes down the tree to grab some nuts from a bowl. Pluto chases Dale up to the top of the fireplace with Santa candle figures and gets the hat and beard from a figure near him. Pluto notices the strange figure, but he does not get a chance to expose him to Mickey. Pluto knocks the other figures away except Dale. Chip then notices from the tree what is going on. He rescues Dale and heads for the tree. Pluto gets his feet stuck in presents and has difficulty following the chipmunks up the ladder. While Pluto is barking, the chipmunks make ladder fall. Pluto dives in the tree to attack the chipmunks.
Mickey notices Pluto and tries to pull him out, but gets pulled in instead until the tree is stripped of its decorations and leaves. Mickey scolds Pluto for what he did but notices Chip and Dale with only a few decorations and all of the branches bare. Mickey brings them down and Pluto barks at them. At the window they see Donald, Goofy and Minnie singing "Deck the Halls". While the three are singing, Chip and Dale join in and then Pluto howls in. Chip and Dale find it annoying and put a sticker that says "DO NOT OPEN TIL XMAS" over his mouth.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Eivind Mork and Mats Abelli

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: Pluto's Christmas Tree. 200ft Colour Sound

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:13 pm

Love this. Got this one too

Attached pictures:
IMG_0299.JPG   IMG_0300.JPG   IMG_0301.JPG   IMG_0302.JPG   IMG_0303.JPG   IMG_0304.JPG   IMG_0305.JPG   IMG_0306.JPG   IMG_0307.JPG   IMG_0308.JPG   IMG_0309.JPG   IMG_0310.JPG   IMG_0311.JPG  

The following members like this: Mats Abelli and Tom Photiou

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

Last edited 12.06.2016 | Top

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:17 pm

Nice to see it again Tom !

It was really difficult to part with one which I consider "treasure" but for you Tom, it was a pleasure my friend. I'm pleased you're still continuing to enjoy and yes....

That miniscule hairline bugged the life out of me too! 😂😂

I always felt its one which FG should remove entirely, but somehow, never quite did??

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:20 pm

The only real differences I could easily detect when I finally found an LPP print, was when the coloured baubles on the Christmas Tree are exhibited.

Then you can really see the difference, but other than that.....hardly any!

From the two above, one looks Fuji, the other looks like well kept SP to my eyes.

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:21 pm | Top

#5 by Eivind Mork , Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:36 pm

I got this too. A truly wonderful Christmas film! Now I look for Toy tinkers which for me is the second essential Christmas film :-)

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#6 by Tom Photiou , Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:50 pm

Me to on that elvind

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:01 pm

The Little Match Girl for me on a 200ft short.

The difference between Christmas for some of us versus the difference for many, especially in this day and age!

An ancient and stunningly beautiful LPP cartoon, that if that don't make you realise how lucky we all are......nothing ever will!!

We see the real life version on a daily basis at this time of the year here in the door ways of Manchester City centre for Primani and Debenhams.

So sad people HAVE no Alternative at times, than to live this way here in almost 2017!!

Tom Photiou likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:17 pm | Top

#8 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:10 am

I have an LPP print of this too, gorgeous colours and one of the best Christmas cartoons out there (along with T&J Night Before Christmas), over the years we all get these prints and are happy watching them, then along comes an even better print and you enjoy them even more, enjoy Tom, you never know what's round the corner.

Del Phillipson

Playground Skirmish, (The Matrix reloaded) 200ft, colour scope, stereo
Police Academy Two,Their first assignment. 2 x 600ft (joined onto a 1200) colour sound

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor