Saturday night fever 3 x 400ft on 1 x 800ft spool

#1 by Tom Photiou , Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:06 pm

I certainly dont need to tell anyone on here the story to this film. When the first batch of Marketing films were released no one could believe the great titles released, every film available as a 200 footer, a 400 footer a 3 x 400 mini feature and for the wealthy a full length uncut feature. I bet those who bough the full lengths regret some of them now as they faded so fast. What was noticed mostly was the total lack of a single end title on any of the mini features. Great length releases marred by a stupid decision not to include anything at the end. Also as we all now many of the German releases seemed to lack a decent editor, they certainly didn't take anything from Deranns or Walton's examples.
Well tonight i really did think this was probably going to be our last viewing of this particular title as every one i have seen advertised for sale on ebay has had awful fade, many to red. So i checked the date i last viewed it and it was 7th June 2011. Surely this has gone red, well, it does have slight fade on reel one, this isnt noticed too much as much of this reel is set in the disco & these scenes were over run with red lighting anyway but 2 & 3 are fine. The odd thing is when i take snaps with my cheapie digi camera it always seems to look twice as red, not sure why but believe me the red hue you see is actually mostly the cameras view of it. I was very pleasantly surprised as this particular marketing release was edited quite well. The only poor cut is where reel 2 ends and reel 3 begins. Quality on this one is OK, the soundtrack lacks bass but i can make this up with my good old pioneer amp. The image is average to good, You may all remember how Bill Davidson reported how the second wave of releases from Marketing were much much better, excellent clean images without a single speck of negative sparkle and much more vibrant colours and even sharper images. So this one all in all is a very good average super 8 print, but a classic 70s movie and of course the X rated cut which has everything, naughty boys, ladys who want get laid, a good old gang brawl and of course that Bee Gee's soundtrack. If you can get a good copy with reasonable colours i do recommend this one for 70s nostalgia.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Martin Dew likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 11.01.2016 | Top

RE: Saturday night fever 3 x 400ft on 1 x 800ft spool

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:21 pm

Love this film and I also have this edition. Not watched it for a long time now but must dig it out sometime soon even if only to hear Yvonne Eliman again!

Top Drawer once again Tom. I just love any film where music dominates the show.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Eivind Mork likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:46 pm

I have two of the three parts, sadly. Would love to get it complete

Tom Photiou likes this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

#4 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:23 am

I'm so glad that you covered this title Tom! I have the 400' digest and was very pleased with the selection of scenes for it, although I dislike the abrupt ending without any closing credits. It's uncanny how this title was brought up as I watched my digest over the weekend. :-) I love the music in this film as well as the dancing. I vaguely remember seeing this at the drive-in with my parents. I'm pretty sure that we saw the later released PG version. :-)

Tom Photiou likes this
Timothy Duncan

#5 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:00 am

I have had this title so many times over the years but would just love a decent print of it, they all seem to be faded/going red. Great cut down though with all the great songs and dances from the film, really well edited.

Tom Photiou likes this
Del Phillipson

Sands of Iwo Jima 2 x 800ft b/w sound
Saturn 3 400ft Colour Sound Walton Agfa print.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor