Terminator 2 (T2) Full feature scope

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:43 pm

First of all, (in case you lived on Mars) here is the plot with the help of wiki
In 1995, John Connor is living in Los Angeles with foster parents. His mother Sarah Connor had been preparing him throughout his childhood for his future role as the Human Resistance leader against Skynet – the artificial intelligence that will be given control of the United States' nuclear missiles and initiate a nuclear holocaust called "Judgment Day" on August 29, 1997 – but was arrested and imprisoned at a mental hospital after attempting to bomb a computer factory. Skynet sends a new Terminator, designated as T-1000, back in time to kill John. The T-1000 is an advanced prototype made out of mimetic polyalloy or "liquid metal" that gives it the ability to take on the shape and appearance of almost anything it touches, as well as knives and other stabbing weapons. The T-1000 arrives under a freeway, kills a policeman and assumes his identity. Meanwhile, the future John Connor has sent back a reprogrammed T-800 Terminator to protect his young counterpart.
The Terminator and the T1000 converge on John in a shopping mall, and a chase ensues after which John and the Terminator escape together on a motorcycle. Fearing that the T-1000 will kill Sarah in order to get to him, John orders the Terminator to help free her. They encounter Sarah as she is escaping from the hospital, although she is initially reluctant to trust the T-800. After the trio escapes from the T-1000 in a police car, the Terminator informs John and Sarah about Skynet's history. In addition, it would create machines that will hunt and kill the remnants of humanity.[N 1] Sarah learns that the man most directly responsible for Skynet's creation is Miles Bennett Dyson, a Cyberdyne Systems engineer working on a revolutionary new neural net processor that will form the basis for Skynet.
Sarah gathers weapons from an old friend and plans to flee with John to Mexico, but after having a nightmare about Judgment Day, she instead sets out to kill Dyson in order to prevent Judgment Day from occurring. Finding him at his home, she wounds him but finds herself unable to kill him in front of his family. John and the Terminator arrive and inform Dyson of the future consequences of his work. They learn that much of his research has been reverse engineered from the damaged CPU and the right arm of the previous Terminator. Convincing him that these items and his designs must be destroyed, they break into the Cyberdyne building and retrieve the CPU and the arm. The police arrive and Dyson is shot, but he manages to trigger several explosives, destroying the lab and his research while sacrificing himself. The T-1000 relentlessly pursues the surviving trio, eventually cornering them in a steel mill.
The T-1000 and the Terminator engage in physical combat, with the advanced model severely damaging its adversary. The T-800 is seemingly shut down until his emergency back-up system brings him back online. The T-1000 nearly kills John and Sarah until a furious T-800 appears and shoots it into a vat of molten steel with an M79 grenade launcher, destroying it. John tosses the arm and CPU of the original Terminator into the vat as well. The Terminator explains that to ensure that he is not used for reverse engineering he must also be destroyed. He asks Sarah to assist in lowering him into the vat of molten steel, since he is unable to "self-terminate", although John begs the Terminator to reconsider his decision. e bids them farewell as he is lowered into the vat. The Terminator gives a tearful John a final thumbs-up as he disappears into the molten steel and shuts down. Sarah looks to the future with hope, musing that "if a machine ... can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too."

My Print.
I purchased this copy around 10 years ago, (i think), from Paul Foster, it was advertised as condition B+with a price tag of £135. I did not expect it to still be there by the time i rang but to my surprise it was.
It arrived in a very nice orange 16mm plastic round case which houses the two 8mm 1200 ft sized spools perfectly. Ideal storage. One of the spools is a full Elmo 1200ft alloy and the other is an alloy 1600ft super spool, also full. Its ok other than it is dreadfully noisy during the last 200 ft and as you probably know only gets noisier the faster it spins.
When it arrived i did the big inspection and gave it a clean and could not wait to view it.
First thing you notice is that the print is absolutely stunning, the sound A1. The print condition itself is,(in my view),very good, just one or two very thin black lines to the very far left, (remedied once you zoom over the black frame of the screen), and the odd light mark here and there mainly to the far right, certainly nothing to complain about on second hand film.
There is one downside, during the final 200ft of the last reel, originally 5 x 600 foot, there is around a 50ft section where the focus goes in and out, when it goes out the picture moves very slightly to the left then back again,the actual 8mm print is 100% un-damaged, it is actually within the print so i am guessing it may possibly have been a white box special, however, this is the only thing i can pick at on an otherwise perfect print of what must be one of the best action films on Super 8. At the first viewing because it was so perfect up to that point i was considering returning it but then decided that it was in bigger picture a minor fault and especially at the price i paid, i'm glad i didn't as i have seen another copy for sale since.
A great evenings entertainment

Note: This post was updated November 2020 on request by Tom to correct the info about the audio track that stated it was a stereo track.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Thijs de Kort, Del Phillipson, Gwyn Morgan and Martin Dew

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 11.20.2020 | Top

RE: Terminator 2 (T2) Full feature scope/stereo.

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:45 pm

Looking goooood. I love this, great action flick, but I really want a 16mm Terminator, which is the best in the series

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Del Phillipson

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

Last edited 10.21.2017 | Top

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:58 pm

A beauty there Tom and one very much in demand to this day, as all of the Arnie films still are.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

The following members like this: Tom Photiou, Vidar Olavesen, Del Phillipson and David Alligan
Andrew Woodcock

#4 by Michael Lattavo , Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:58 pm

What a great film! A little bit of trivia, this film introduced the Harley Davidson Fat boy to the world!

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Tom Photiou and Del Phillipson

Michael Lattavo
Date registered 10.01.2015
ThankYou 42

#5 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:02 am

That is one stunning looking print Tom, one I have never ever owned but always wanted when it was released. I absolutely adore the opening music which will sound phenomenal in stereo on super 8. One to treasure there mate, well done and superb price

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Del Phillipson

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:42 pm

Beautiful print, once again Tom! Superb mate, just superb!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:49 pm | Top

#7 by Matthieu van der Sluis , Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:59 pm

Wow, this movie and that price, wow.

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Matthieu van der Sluis  
Matthieu van der Sluis
Date registered 10.11.2017
home: Barendrecht
ThankYou 1

#8 by Tom Photiou , Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:41 am

I dont have too much luck getting hold of features i look out for but this one was a great find. When i rang paul for this one off his posted printed list(those were years back now) i was very surprised it hadnt already sold. I was very lucky. Such a shame about the slight defect 5 minuites before the end but no audience has commented so i guess its a minor problem given how hard this is to find and it was re recorded with stereo sound.

Looking for Home alone trailer and Abba Scope trailer

Del Phillipson likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#9 by Tom Photiou , Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:50 am

To correct my statement above, this one is original mono recorded, but the sound is excellent.

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and Gwyn Morgan

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

Taxi Driver. 400ft Colour Sound
That Riviera Touch, Walton 400ft Colour Sound

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor