Wanted: Master for The Hateful Eight trailer

#1 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:07 pm

It seems it's difficult to find a master to use for the double trailer project. I do hope someone can help out and lend a hand to get the Super 8 trailer done.

Any help in aquiring this would be appreciated

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 350

RE: Wanted: Master for The Hateful Eight trailer

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:15 pm

Hope it turns up Vidar, I know you're a huge fan. I was under the impression that it was "all systems go" if enough people
could assure a sale? It rings familiar, "Shithead" made the same noises on "Sinbad", it was Keith Wilton who assured that release, with
the help of Derek Simmonds Just proves how misleading these statements are, I hope it comes off for these people, it isn't asking a lot.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:17 pm | Top

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:23 pm

It was assumed it would be taken from digital first. I'd personally hate to see that, as I do not like the feel digital transfer makes. I hate the jerkyness in the picture and that won't go away if you put it back on film. So for me, I am not sure I want one if it's a digital transfer. Django I think is a go

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 350

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:42 pm

I hope it is too Vidar, when you view ebay, it is awash with trailers of up to date films, I hope it comes off for you folks,
surely someone can come up with the goods, bloody hell, the 21st Century, we were led to believe a totally different one
to the one we actually live in, but getting a decent source for a simple trailer proves like a labour of Hercules!

Hugh Thompson Scott

#5 by Gwyn Morgan , Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:05 pm

I think you will be very lucky to find a 35mm trailer for H8 in the uk,at my cinema we had various H8 trailers but all obviously digital.I am not aware of any 35mm showings,only the 70mm ones,but I stand to be corrected.
Good luck but I think you will struggle a bit with this one.📽📽

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

#6 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:01 pm

Well, whatever, not that I'll be buying it Gwyn, but there are plenty that will, I just hope it turns out okay for them, our own
Vidar included, I know exactly what he's saying, but even a DVD source is better than none.

Gwyn Morgan likes this
Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:04 pm

I'd take it but I understand what Vidar is saying here, the title was after all selected because it was shot on film. It's a bit of compromise then if you accept it back on film from a digital transfer!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Gwyn Morgan likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#8 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:06 pm

I think the chances of getting any New trailer on 35mm these days is very very very slim.

David Hardy

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
9.5 collection

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor