Super 8 hire

#1 by Red Kellino , Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:24 am

Hi Members

I have an old collection of cine films in my loft that haven't seen the light of day for many years. I no longer have a projector so looking to hire a super 8 projector.

I live in Stroud in Gloucestershire and thought there would likely be somewhere that hired them in Bristol but the nearest place I have found so far has been Wessex Photo in Dorset.

Does anyone know of hire services in the Gloucestershire/Bristol/Herefordshire area?

Any help would be apprectiated.

For those interested, my great grandfather Will Kellino worked in films in the early years of silent films and then into the talking movies of the 20s. The first studio they used was at Weir House where Will set up Ec-ko Films there. The site eventually became Teddington Studios. I have a 35 mm film of Will's circus group performing in 1912. Anyone who has any knowledge of these early days of film?

Many thanks
Red Kellino

Red Kellino  
Red Kellino
Date registered 12.30.2023
home: Gloucestershire

RE: Super 8 hire

#2 by Tom Photiou , Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:04 pm

Hello Red, to be honest, I cant see there being anywhere that rents or hires projectors anywhere, you can buy projectors either from the UK dealers or on ebay, if its only going to have a limited run you wouldn't need anything special. Are these films super 8 or standard 8?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#3 by Paul Browning , Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:50 pm

I might be able to help him with a projector ............

The following members like this: Tom Photiou, Martin Dew and Greg Perry
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#4 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm

A week since the question was asked and no response from Red, if your looking in, have you got sorted?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Time to put the prices right for new releases.
more eBay Gold

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor