more eBay Gold

#1 by Thomas Peters , Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:11 am

So an eBay seller is selling a Super 8 200 foot b&w silent extract of a feature. Fairly common title. Since it was never avail in sound -- and I like the movie -- I figured maybe I should get it. Seller wants $16 -- I offered $10 -- he rejected it -- not even a counter-offer.

He thinks he has gold!

In this day of blu-rays, 4k, downloads, and streaming, he should have jumped at a chance to sell it.

It's one of those guys who sells all sorts of crap, only one film listed -- claims it was his father's -- and of course he claims it was never projected.

Of course he says it "looks" new, and then describes the box in excuciating detail, although he shows pics of the box.

It's worth $10 to me -- not a penny more. I'm taking a chance -- it could have been run once thru a crappy projector, with loads of sprocket damage, and scratched up like a cat in heat got to it one day back in the late 60s, when he claims it was purchased.

I hope it rots and gets vinegar sydrome before the farkakte sells it!

I love watching eBay listings go unsold for weeks, months, and sometimes years after an ass-swaggering seller rejects my offer.

Thomas Peters  
Thomas Peters
Date registered 08.30.2022
ThankYou 9

Last edited 12.28.2023 | Top

Super 8 hire
The Elmo GS-1200

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor