REEL COLLECTOR FAVOURITES - New Release

#1 by Graham Sinden , Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:42 pm

REEL COLLECTOR FAVOURITES
DORUN FILMS
200ft SOUND FLAT

Here have a fantastic new release REEL COLLECTOR FAVOURITES which is a compilation reel of many top films, something for everyone and a reel you want to run again and again. I can’t stress how good this is, excellent picture, sound and content. PLEASE NOTE This is not a trailer reel nor are the clips taken from trailers, but these are full clips from the films. So what’s on this reel...

ANIMATED 70mm IMAX LOGO. A fantastic way to start any show. Quite long and not seen this before, even ends with Super 8 on screen. What more could you want, worth the price for the reel alone.

BUGS BUNNY AND DAFFY WB LOGO. Excellent animated sequence. You will love it. Very sharp.

HOME ALONe 2 . Short clip where Harry and Marv see Kevin in the street and Kevin gives his trademark scream. Brilliantly sharp I swear I thought I was looking at 35mm when I first saw this.

PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE. Very short clip then back to HOME ALONe 2 for Main Title.

NATIONAL LAMPOONS XMAS VACATION. Sequence with Chevy Chase stuck in the loft (attic) where he finds a box of home movies and a projector and starts to look back on his old memories.

GREMLINS. Long clip from cinema scene where the Gremlins cause mayhem while watching Snow White. Fantastic shots of the Gremlins sitting in the Cinema, excellent detail shows just how good this new Kodak stock is.

GOLDFINGER. Long clip the brilliant night time car chase. Ends with 007 crashing his Aston Martin.

INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE. Take a look at Sean Connery some 25 years later with the long Motorbike and Sidecar chase. Superb stuff and starts off with the famous theme tune so you know you are watching an Indy pic.

STAR WARS. Short clip with Peter Cushing and Princess Leia where Alderaan is destroyed.

CARRY ON SCREAMING. The famous scene where Kenneth Williams says ‘Frying tonight’. Great to finish on a bit of British humour. The reel closes with THE END title.

CONCLUSION
This is an excellent reel which is good for any audience. Picture and sound (single stripe) are both truly excellent with very little wear even on the older films. Xmas vacation is slightly ‘soft’ of course compared with the rest but that was the way it was shot originally. Apart from that every clip is ultra sharp and as this is a very recent release there is no sign of the lines that have been present on previous German releases. Exposure (as you can see) is also spot on, the lab has done a really good job here. This reel will also be a good companion for your Xmas shows as 3 of the films are Christmas films (if you can include Gremlins in that). If you are like me once you have projected it, you just want to rewind and show it again. A fantastic full 200ft of film makes for an amazing 10 minutes of Super 8 fun with the quality you come to expect from new releases today.

Forgive my poor screenshots below, the actual projected film is so much better ..

PICTURE A+
SOUND A+
REPEATABILITY A+++

Thank you DORUN films, just loving these new releases.

Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
Date registered 11.19.2015
home: Kent, UK
ThankYou 45

Last edited 12.17.2022 | Top

RE: REEL COLLECTOR FAVOURITES - New Release

#2 by Greg Perry , Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:22 pm

Graham,

Thank you for posting the images and the details of this new release. It is always very helpful to know which scenes are included etc.

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

RE: REEL COLLECTOR FAVOURITES - New Release

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:07 pm

Graham, well done on this review, very detailed with good screen shots. Very informative and this is what will help sell the reel to potential buyers.
This is ideally the type of review all new releases need, very similar to the one Greg did for Jurassic park.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

The Rose 400ft colour sound.
Deputy Dawg, 200ft colour sound The Yokes on you / Shotgun Shambles

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor