Who Finds a Friend Finds a Treasure

#1 by Gwyn Morgan , Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:28 pm

Tonight’s viewing was “Who Finds a Friend Finds a Treasure”, starring Terence Hill and Bud Spencer.
The film was made in 1981, this print came on 2 x 1600 reels w/s with Norwegian subtitles.The condition was fair the colour variable with a green emulsion line on the last 1200 feet or so.
I guess you got to like Hill and Spencer because this really is a film of its time.The film evolves around a Pacific island with Hill and Spencer looking for a treasure left behind from WW 2. On the way they encounter gangsters,a tribe of islanders mostly pretty women,a Japanese soldier from WW2,and some very “gay” pirates.I don’t think you would get away with making a film like this now political correctness it ain’t!!
I decided to run it on my fumeo 9271 VIP hence the picture as this machine has not run for a while.This machine is capable of taking a complete feature but I was not in the mood to make it up.Some beast😄
Some pictures not very good I’m afraid,better on the screen…

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Martin Dew and Don Cunningham

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

RE: Who Finds a Friend Finds a Treasure

#2 by Greg Perry , Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:40 am

Gwyn,

Are you able to ignore the subtitles, or do you find them a bit distracting? I have one or two films that are 'close captioned' for the hearing impaired. But the subtitles are in English. At times, I find myself reading the subtitles more than listening. I guess with the Norwegian subtitles it might be a bit easier to ignore?

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan and Tom Photiou

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#3 by Gwyn Morgan , Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:44 am

Mark,these subtitles are a bit annoying to be honest,they do stand out being up quite a way into the picture.Also these have like a slight glare around them.I got used to them, I even tried to loose them by re framing the picture but to no avail.
I personally don’t mind watching foreign films with English subtitles I know some people hate them.

Tom Photiou likes this

Gwyn Morgan
ThankYou 273

#4 by Tom Photiou , Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:51 am

Another rare title Gwyn, i have avoided buying films with subtitles only because i also end up being diverted to looking st them rather than watching the movie. As its so un PC i think its one id like.

Gwyn Morgan likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

#5 by Eivind Mork , Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:37 am

You've got Norwegian subtitles there 😊 I am 99% sure where it came from, and the man who saved this film from the bin (actually being a dumpster truck driver), died this summer. He was a real gentleman, and a huge load of film was saved. I am very glad to see one of his copies around the world 😊

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan, Tom Photiou, Greg Perry, Stuart Reid and Don Cunningham

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

Last edited 09.11.2022 | Top

#6 by Gwyn Morgan , Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:26 pm

Eivind, I do remember a large number of Norwegian subtitled prints suddenly becoming available through various sources,I had a Rocky title with S/T back in the day amongst others all now passed on.
Good on the gentleman for saving them such a shame so many prints were destroyed worldwide at the whim of film companies.

Tom Photiou likes this

Gwyn Morgan
ThankYou 273

#7 by Don Cunningham , Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:25 pm

I love the Hill/Spencer movies as do my youngest two sons (14 & 16). It would be great to put one on a projector, but none in my collection. Good show!

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan and Tom Photiou
Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!

Don Cunningham
Date registered 02.13.2018
home: Texas
ThankYou 33

Portrait of a Hitman. 1979 Low fade
Zeppelin, 1971 with Michael York and Elke Sommer

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor