Robin Prince of Thieves.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:18 pm

Tonight we viewed this movie starring Kevin Costner, Aside a couple of minor lines, the pin sharp image, superb stunning colours and great sound make this one of the best films in our collection. A lot of people criticised this film when it first came out in 1991, with Americans playing classic English characters it wasn't the best choices, however, it is a very good big budget movie with hoards of action made for the big screen and Kevin Costner is actually very good as Robin Hood. Great entertainment with Alan Rickman stealing the show many times over. The colours in the forest scenes jump right out the screen.
For those interested, the screenshots are in the review right here,

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves 4 x 1600ft Flat Part 1 & 2

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Robin Prince of Thieves.

#2 by Barry Attwood , Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:28 am

I believe you can also get this via Germany as an 8mm feature, if you can afford it!

Tom Photiou likes this
Barry Attwood  
Barry Attwood
Date registered 08.11.2015
home: Weeley, Essex, U.K.
ThankYou 50

#3 by Tom Photiou , Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:12 am

I bet it wouldnt look like this print though Barry. With 16mm brightness and sharpness .

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#4 by Barry Attwood , Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:51 am

Tom,

I have no idea, I know it's available, but I have never seen anything from an 8mm print, you can still buy it new via Steve Osborne, that's about all I know of it!

Barry Attwood  
Barry Attwood
Date registered 08.11.2015
home: Weeley, Essex, U.K.
ThankYou 50

#5 by Greg Perry , Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:00 pm

Tom,
Looking at the pics you posted previously, it is absolutely a razor-sharp print. Also, amusing to read the old posts from others made at that time.

Tom Photiou likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#6 by Tom Photiou , Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:56 pm

I though the same, shame there all gone, (or most of them)

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#7 by Greg Perry , Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:34 pm

Yes, kind of disheartening as to the reduced number of active members here.

Tom Photiou likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#8 by Paul Browning , Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:39 pm

Some have gone of there own fruition Greg, some have gone after a spat or two with other forum members, some kicked off !!!!!. I won't leave any forum by way of or after an argument with any other members on here or any where else, unless i'm removed by some one who believes rightly or wrongly i have stepped over, in there eyes the line. Sticks and stones ......,
there's some oddballs on the forums for sure, i know, i'm one of them. I don't think there is anyone on either forum that i'm particularly in ore of, i'm made a few good friends on here and now doubt some enemies, but i like a good lively debate, but some haven't got the balls to disagree with individuals who are some kind of self appointed judge and jury. There are plenty of new comers here i notice, but its getting them to be involve in any kind of discussion is the problem, so i'm not sure why they joined, other than to sell something or looking for something, which forms part of the forum idea, but not all of it. i do like the technical talks on the forums, and like to add my own personal opinion and mostly based on my own experiences, and i enjoy the film reviews, and i will be doing more of that myself this time around, i just need to get some better screen shots, something i have a problem with still. So in a nutshell i'm not going anywhere, i'm not easily offended , as some on here will know, i''m old school, but don't be put off by it, there are very few of us left...............

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Del Phillipson
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#9 by Tom Photiou , Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:56 pm

Agree Paul, some very valid points there, the one thing you hit on is the technical threads which i always like, unfortunately, i am very limited to what i can add myself on that and i dont wish to repeat things ive covered before. Phil Murat's items are always a good read, as were Marks items when he was doing some servicing and minor repairs. It's obviously difficult to come up with something new all the time, but the amount of members, (and new ones joining) on here staggers me that so many dont wish to contribute.

Greg, regarding Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, (just slipping back on track ), it is a very sharp print, as most 16mm films are. Although i dont have a large collection, it is clear that later prints on LPP polyester stocks do seem to be much improved over earlier prints, other than IB Tech, i have read that it scratches easier but i dont know what others may think of that statement. I'm not convinced myself, if somethings in the projector to cause a scratch, it will do it no matter what the film stock is.

Paul, glad to see you popping back on now and again.

Del Phillipson likes this
Paul Browning sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

Last edited 02.12.2022 | Top

The Gatling Gun
Superman the movie

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor