Scooby Doo,400ft colour sound. Decoy for a Dognapper

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:57 pm

One of the many Scooby Doo where are you cartoons released on super 8 by Techno films. As you can see, i have included an image showing the back of the plastic case which shows the other episodes released at the time.
This episode, titled Decoy for a Dognapper is from series 1 and is Episode 5 first aired on October 11th, 1969 and the full episode runs for 30minutes.
Like the Flintstones cartoons, these 400 footers are edited from 30 minutes to around 17/18 minutes. The big difference is that these Scooby super 8s do include the full opening and closing titles which i think is a huge bonus, with all titles intact it feels like you have watched a full episode and not a cut down. The editing is fine and the quality is very good. Sharp image & good colours.

I think if the the Flintstones 400 footers had included the opening and closing titles they would have made better edits. (Thankfully, there are many out there on 16mm).
We have three other titles in this series but i will need to dig them out and check them to see which ones they are, some are from series 2 which were only originally 21 minutes so they are almost full episodes.
We also have a 200ft Scooby doo but the one we have was not edited that well so it was the only one we ever bought.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Don Cunningham and Del Phillipson

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 01.24.2022 | Top

RE: Scooby Doo,400ft colour sound. Decoy for a Dognapper

#2 by Lincoln Thorn , Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:17 am

Looks lovely, Tom!

I can't wait to find my own 400 ft Scooby Doo episodes for my Elmo to screen. Nice to see that the color has held up for you very well.

Lincoln

Lincoln Thorn  
Lincoln Thorn
Date registered 02.16.2022

Saturn 3 400ft Colour Sound Walton Agfa print.
She Flies. 200ft Colour scope Derann re release

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor