Carry on Doctor 4x400

#1 by Mark Mander , Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:36 pm

Another film on the go today, this was a colour film originally but this release is black and white, not normally something I like but it's quite a good print and as it's on black and white stock so you don't need to worry about colour fade or going sepia. Sound is excellent, this film came with a few others a few years ago, it was missing the last reel, luckily I found the missing reel at a film fair which was a very nice surprise, Mark

https://youtu.be/gvIQAhy2vo48

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan and Eivind Mork
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

Last edited 01.16.2022 | Top

RE: Carry on Doctor 4x400

#2 by Tom Photiou , Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:37 pm

A mate of mine had this title in the early days of collectors club, many will recall that you could buy a feature title one part at a time, this Carry on film, along with Dont lose your head is one of my favourites, i do remember the quality being very good, nice sharp image and the sound was very good. Sadly, he sold it as a PX to a dealer which did annoy me as i would have paid a much higher price than the peanuts he got for it.
Such a shame that this was only released as a B/W print rather than colour, the same goes for one of their other 4 x 400ft comedy features, the magnificent two. Perhaps as you said Mark, being b/w it is as good today as the day it was sold from new, i wonder how those part ones of The Magnificent two in colour are holding up?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Carry on Doctor 4x400

#3 by Mark Mander , Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:04 pm

I have Don't Loose Your Head in colour but it's really faded, I see they also did it in black and white which will probably look a better bet judging by this print, I'm very much a colour person if it was originally colour but you can't knock its survival and sharpness, Mark

Tom Photiou likes this
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

Xanadu 800ft low fade print
Horror night, well almost!!

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor