A quick note from Steve Osborne...

#1 by Greg Perry , Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:58 pm

Hello,

As many already know, Steve O. is not active on the forums personally.
Via email, Steve Osborne asked that I pass along this information:

***Orders of the Christmas Trailer Reel #2 have been beyond expectations. Steve has ordered another 18 copies and indicates the prints he has previously received will be recorded soon and sent out.

***Steve also wanted to share that in keeping with his Christian beliefs, any Christmas trailer reel which he releases will avoid titles which he feels have a dark nature to them and instead will choose titles in keeping with the holiest of all holidays.

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Del Phillipson

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

RE: A quick note from Steve Osborne...

#2 by Mark Mander , Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:01 pm

That's great that orders are beyond expectations, makes it all worth it,Mark

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Martin Dew
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#3 by Graham Sinden , Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:27 am

"any Christmas trailer reel which he releases will avoid titles which he feels have a dark nature to them"

So no Die Hard on any future trailer reel!

Graham S

Tom Photiou likes this
Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
Date registered 11.19.2015
home: Kent, UK
ThankYou 45

#4 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:52 pm

I cant remember the last time that orders were beyond expectation's, that is great news for the hobby in general.

It also shows the popularity of the Christmas theme for a short reel release of trailers.

Its also very refreshing in this day and age to hear someone announce that they have a Christian value they will stick to. Well done on that Steve, i support that statement 100% and fully understand the requirement to ensure any Christmas release is kept within the holy Holiday.

Graham, is Die Hard a Christmas film? The star, (in a TV roast) insists that it isn't, while the Director John McTiernan and writer Steven De Souza say yes it is.

The following members like this: Martin Dew, Greg Perry and Graham Sinden

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 01.11.2022 | Top

#5 by Graham Sinden , Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:19 am

Yes this is great news for the future of Super 8 releases and proves how popular trailer reels are today because most collectors can afford them.

Quite amazing also how popular Christmas releases are like Mickey's Christmas Carol and The Snowman both big sellers in their day. Amazing because collectors (myself included ) are willing to pay a fair bit of money for films that can only really be shown for about two months of the year at best and that is pushing it. Some collectors may only show these in a three week window before putting them back on the shelf until late next year. An expensive purchase but we love our Xmas shows.

Graham S

Greg Perry likes this
Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
Date registered 11.19.2015
home: Kent, UK
ThankYou 45

#6 by Tom Photiou , Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:17 pm

While that should be the case Graham, i have projected a few Christmas films during the year, nuts i know but then again, Die Hard is a good all year rounder

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

BEAULIEU 708 EL (ST / MO) : Lens Holder Repair Solution
Step back/ Blackpool 1993

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor