Gorky Park, Theatrical print Low fade

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:37 pm

Tonight we viewed one of my latest purchases which turned out to be one of a few film Christmas presents,
Gorky Park, 1983, this is a theatrical print and is in very good condition with a just a few minor lines here and there but mostly to the right, with superb sound doing full justice to the soundtrack by James Horner, as well as some excellent classic music.
There is a host of stars in this movie including William Hurt, Lee Marvin, Brian Dennehy, Ian Bannon, Michael Elphick, Richard Griffiths among others.
Gorky Park is a 1983 American mystery thriller film based on the novel Gorky Park by Martin Cruz Smith. The film was directed by Michael Apted. Dennis Potter won a 1984 Edgar Award for his screenplay for the film.
The main stars of the film are William Hurt as Arkady Renko, Lee Marvin as Jack Osborne, Joanna Pacula as Irina Asanova, Rikki Fulton as Major Pribluda, Brian Dennehy as William Kirwill, Ian McDiarmid as Professor Andreev, Michael Elphick as Pasha and Ian Bannen as Prosecutor Iamskoy. James Horner wrote the score. Ralf D. Bode was cinematographer.
Pacuła was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress - Motion Picture and Elphick for a BAFTA Award for Best Supporting Actor.

As the images here were taken with an old digital camera, what you dont see here is the true bright whites, especially the snow scenes, and the vibrant colours, and above all, the pin sharpness of the image. Its been a while since we viewed any 16mm films and tonight reminded me of why i am now favouring this gauge to 8mm although 8mm remains our main stay due to the years of collecting and the number of films in our collections.

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and Greg Perry

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 12.30.2021 | Top

RE: Gorky Park, Theatrical print Low fade

#2 by Mark Mander , Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:19 am

Very nice Tom, looks like a very nice print, I think this was one of Lee Marvin's last films if not the last one, great cast too, Mark

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

Varsity Blues
Man in the Wilderness with Richard Harris

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor