Man in the Wilderness with Richard Harris

#1 by Greg Perry , Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:49 pm

These pics are from an early fall viewing of a 16mm print of "Man in the Wilderness" with Richard Harris and John Huston. Huston is acting here--not directing. You may recall that John Huston directed such classics as The African Queen, Maltese Falcon, and Treasure of the Sierra Madre, and others as well. This is a flat print, but fine by me as that is what I remember from watching it as a kid on TV with my Dad. Color is great, although the print is not super sharp. Still, happy to have this.

Richard Harris plays a member of a fur-trapping party who is left for dead after being mauled by a grizzly bear. He somehow manages to survive and slowly heads on to catch up to his companions who took his rifle and other belongings. Based on the true story of Hugh Glass, this was remade into "The Revenant" with Leonardo DiCaprio in 2015. That was ok, but I like this original movie from 1971 best.

The following members like this: Mark Mander, Paul Browning, Gwyn Morgan and Eivind Mork

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

RE: Man in the Wilderness with Richard Harris

#2 by Mark Mander , Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:36 pm

Not seen this one but looks great Greg, Mark

Greg Perry sais Thank You!
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#3 by Tom Photiou , Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:39 pm

Greg that looks like a very good print. I havnt seen this film but my Brother has it n DVD. He said, while the Revenant is a very good film, he much prefers this original version. I will now borrow the disc and watch it. Richard Harris is among my favourite actor's too. Your lucky to have a print of this film Greg, especially with colours like this.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#4 by Gwyn Morgan , Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:26 pm

Looks a very nice print Greg,Also one IHave not seen.

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

Gorky Park, Theatrical print Low fade
Easy Come Easy Go feature

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor