classic home cinema at blackpool 2021

#1 by Paul Browning , Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:37 pm

BLACKPOOL Northern Film Collectors Convention looms in just a month. As promised, CHC have a great list of films they will be offering there, and here it is. All films will be priced and available at the event.
Star wars scope/stereo *
Star Trek Generations scope *
Terminator 2 scope *
Those magnificent men in their flying machines scope/stereo*
Sound of Music scope/stereo f/l *
Goldfinger *
Never Say Never again scope/stereo
Hello Dolly scope/stereo
The Lion King stereo
Terminator
Die Hard 2 scope
Carry on screaming
Commando
Superman 2 scope
Peter Pan
7Bridesfor7Brothers
Supergirl scope
bugsy malone – complete version
That's entertainment
Beauty & the Beast stereo
Jungle Book
Ichabod & Mr Toad
Fall of the roman empire w/s not scope
Hawk the slayer
Jack the giant killer
Gremlins stereo
Little mermaid stereo
Toy story
Ben hur 3x400 scope
Sleeping beauty scope
Pinnochio
Tales of Beatrix Potter
The three Musketeers
Day of the Triffids scope
Toy Story stereo
Pit & the Pendulum
Dambusters 1-4
iron Maiden 1-4
Carry on Doctor 1-4
Man in Grey 1-4
The Devil rides out 1-4
Reach for the sky 1-6
Quatermass 2
League of Gentlemen 1-4
Musical Moments 1-4
Blitz on Britain 1-4
The Gay Divorce 1-4
King Kong 1-6
Green for Danger 1-5
Band Wagon 1-5
39 Steps 1-4
Oh Mr Porter 1-4
The Glass Mountain 1-5
Scrooge 1-5
Please Sir
Simon and Laura 1-2 and 1-4 Kay Kendal and Peter Finch
Jason and the Argonauts 1-2 short version
Bulldog Jack 1-3
A Night to Remember full feature
War of the Worlds 1058/9/60 3 parts
Samson and Delilah 1055/6/7 3 parts
The Titfield Thunderbolt 4x400
We also have a great offering of 16mm cartoons from Disney, MGM and Warners, some unusual features and trailers too. SEE YOU T

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

RE: classic home cinema at blackpool 2021

#2 by Tom Photiou , Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:22 pm

Thats a list and half Paul, is this in Phils website, wouldn't mind getting my hands on a couple there. A shame this list is not available for sale to people who pay subscriptions, seems unfair that people going to Blackpool will get first dibs, many who may not have spent with him for months or years. A most peculiar way of operating.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#3 by Paul Browning , Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:48 pm

On his facebook website, again you think it would be on the forums first, bloody odd bloke he is for sure, and yes again if you live on the doorstep some good ones in the list, h'es even got the gay divorcee, perfect for someone on the forum no doubt .................

Tom Photiou likes this
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#4 by Greg Perry , Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:48 pm

Paul or Tom,

Would you happen to know what the asterisks * are on some of the titles in Phil's list?

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#5 by Paul Browning , Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:58 pm

Hello Greg, i'm guessing its to remind you, you need a scope lens for these features, just a observation though ................

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
ThankYou 181

#6 by Tom Photiou , Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:44 pm

I'm wondering if these have been sold or maybe possible reserves, there's a couple of scope titles in there with no Asterix. Die Hard 2 and superman 2 to mention a few.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#7 by Graham Sinden , Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:04 pm

It could also mean the films come on 1200ft spools (or similar large spools), the mind boggles. Maybe there is an explanation elsewhere as I wondered it too.

Anyway What a List!!! You will need deep pockets for those big titles as I don't think Phil will sell them cheap just to get rid of them at Blackpool.

Tom I understand your thoughts but I think it's all to attract people to Blackpool, which can't be a bad thing. I would be going too and loving every moment, if it wasn't for family issues meaning I have to be here in the late evenings. Back in the day Derann would release certain new titles at Blackpool first for those collectors before selling nationwide but I'm not sure they kept certain secondhand films for Blackpool as well.

In some ways I'm glad I'm not going this year as I can't afford those titles at present . Hopefully Phil can keep buying these collections as the other dealers can't seem to get the films he gets.

Graham S

Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
Date registered 11.19.2015
home: Kent, UK
ThankYou 45

#8 by Gwyn Morgan , Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:06 pm

Strange way to do business one would have thought a list would be published after the event of anything left.
I would think you would need very deep pockets judging by the price of films on fleabay.
Some nice titles there though.

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

#9 by Graham Sinden , Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:12 pm

Would love to get Commando and Gremlins but one day my luck will come and I will get them, just not now

Would love to see some good photos from Phil's stall just to crave at the titles and the boxes.

Graham S

Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
ThankYou 45

#10 by Tom Photiou , Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:22 pm

I would imagine his stall will be the biggest, i know he had three collections come in recently so there should be some good stuff on offer.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

#11 by Joachim Schmidt , Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:15 pm

Does anyone know for how much money "Never Say Never again scope/stereo" has left the table?

Joachim Schmidt
Date registered 11.04.2017
home: Germany
ThankYou 11

#12 by Mark Mander , Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:42 pm

£175 Joachim, Mark

Joachim Schmidt sais Thank You!
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#13 by Tom Photiou , Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:47 pm

Itl be interesting to see how many of those titles will be on the next list.
Dealers cannot ask for high ebay prices when selling with no warranty's on a table top sale in hotel room. The reason why ebay sellers sometimes, (not always) get higher prices is because the people who buy are the ones who really want it and seem prepared to pay whatever it takes to win it.
Having had to wait to see what left overs are on the next list will mean i wont bother. Next year my sells will greatly out way my buys, and anyone buying off me on ebay will know exactly what they will end up with, a good full description with every title. I see one collector was there with long covid, apparently, surprises me where the energy comes from, a friend of mine has it and is after an hour, (when she can get out) is utterly knackard.
I do wonder though, if CHC wasn't there, how many films would have been?
Greg's Beauty and the Beast was actually about the right price for one of those Disney features, as long as its in good condition, you will be pleased with it, the quality is one of the best along with the Lion King, Toy Story and a few others.
Also, surprised to read that time ran out to show the new Jaws, Its half an hour, i would have thought that this would have been a priority in order to show it off and get some orders in, apparently, a 600ft take up spool had been forgotten and no one had one. Really!!!!

The following members like this: Paul Browning, Gwyn Morgan and Del Phillipson

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

Last edited 11.22.2021 | Top

#14 by Graham Sinden , Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:36 pm

I would also say that I believe subscribers to the magazine get the new lists first. I used to get the magazine but not anymore so the email list I will get will be later and by that time the best titles could already be gone (assuming the prices are near normal of course)

I also wonder If Phil will keep back many top features for his open days at the shop as he does like this "make me an offer" way of selling, he has used before in his shop.

Graham S

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan and Tom Photiou
Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
ThankYou 45

#15 by Tom Photiou , Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:51 pm

Its a bit sad to see it going this way. i think if there had been fixed prices on all of those films, i bet many more would definatly have sold.
Its the same if i go to a boot sale, if items dont have prices on i dont bother. Imagine if Barry's huge lists had all the prices removed from the listings, so everytime you saw something you wanted you have to ring up and he said make an offer, it simply wouldn't work, im not too sure why, when top titles are involved, a dealer cant put a price on it. As long as the profit is good, double, even quadruple or more, as long as there's a price tag im sure someone would buy it. If i was standing next to someone waiting to make a price enquiry and the guy in front is having his offers turned down each time, i would simply walk away thinking my offers for the one i want will also be turned down.

At the end of the day, unlike all the other sellers, CHC does have a shop where the goods will go back to and then onto the lists for selling worldwide. It needs to be remembered that the amount of people who attend conventions is a tiny minority of people in the world of cine so the customer base on the day is very small compared to those the lists go out to. Its a good way for CHC and other dealers who may attend on the day to boost sales.
If anyone thinks otherwise, then our hobby is in big trouble.

The following members like this: Graham Sinden, Gwyn Morgan and Del Phillipson

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 550

Photos from Blackpool 2021
A Picture Paints A Thousand words

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor