Planet of the Ape films on Super 8

#1 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:52 am

I was putting together my new lists the other day and I added a copy of "Battle for the Planet of the Apes" 200' to the lists, and I wondered why Fox only brought these films out as a series of 200' reels, I could understand with the sequels being 200's, but surely the original Charlton Heston film deserved at least a 400' edition, strange decisions, as ever about what to release, and the format!

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson and Paul Browning
Barry Attwood

RE: Planet of the Ape films on Super 8

#2 by Paul Browning , Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:43 pm

Would have made a great feature on super 8, in fact all of them would have been. Not really into the rehashed cgi one's, i'm sure the makers thought it made the film better but i disagree completely and wouldn't watch them, Charlton Heston's versions are the best, and the makeup was a huge leap from what previous movies had done.............

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson and Greg Perry
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

RE: Planet of the Ape films on Super 8

#3 by Tom Photiou , Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:21 pm

I was always a bit surprised that this title never made it past the 200ft version, especially, as already said, the first film. Obviously rights have played a part in it.
I do have the excellent scope trailer to the first film which is a great souvenir of the feature.
I would like to get hold of the 200ft version of the original feature but finding one that isn't faded appears to be impossible.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

The number of German films
Bauer T502 Duoplay slider clean

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor