Logo's and Daysets doing really well

#1 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:10 pm

I know collectors, (myself included), like to clip daysets and logo's to the start of their films in order to give a show a professional touch, but looking on fleabay recently i couldn't help notice how much these seem to be selling for now. I have sold a few on myself only because i have had doubles, as well as some i never use or view. They seem to be growing in demand.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Logo's and Daysets doing really well

#2 by Martin Dew , Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:05 pm

Yup, big time. The best place to buy them is at the collectors markets (what happened to them?). In some ways it's better to find the reels already broken up because I personally don't have the nerve to cut my complete reels. I do that for history and value's sakes.

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 94

#3 by Greg Perry , Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:48 am

This is interesting to hear daysets and logos are also sought after. The advert reels have always seem to be what has been in high demand--with high prices in some cases. I do have some 16mm daysets and for the next family film show I will need to add one with a trailer or two to follow. As you say, it definitely makes the show more professional and fun for the audience.

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#4 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:51 am

I had a few bits and pieces on my latest lists, and they were the first items to sell (all are now sold, by the way!), I get many phone calls asking for these kind of reels, unfortunately collectors have caught onto there value, and it's very hard finding any at a reasonable price I can sell on!

Barry Attwood

Fantasia 2000: Individual reels
SMPTE Test film

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor