Lost in Space, 3 x 400ft.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:48 am

Last night i viewed our 3 x 400ft print of Lost in space, the reluctant stowaway. This print was one of our best buys from ebay some years ago, reviewed here,

Lost in Space The reluctant stowaway.3 x 400ft b/w sound

Since the original pilot wasn't aired during Lost In Space's original run, this episode has the rare distinction of being the only premiere episode of Irwin Allen's sci-fi shows NOT to be directed by him. Though scenes from the original pilot are used throughout the episode, Tony Leader is credited as director.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Eivind Mork and Gwyn Morgan

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Lost in Space, 3 x 400ft.

#2 by Robert Crewdson , Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:01 pm

Just been reading your review. It's surprising that sometimes a title you would expect to generate a lot of interest, doesn't. I think it's because the right people weren't watching for a few days. I have seen items not sold, then relisted and fetch a high price. Well done on getting that film at that price.

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#3 by Greg Perry , Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:35 pm

That has to be extremely rare! I personally think the earlier episodes are the best and to have the first one is great! Sometimes I wonder if people list items in the wrong ebay category--by accident--or perhaps use a confusing description, and then this leads to fewer views and fewer bids, and a nice bargain for the buyer.

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#4 by Tom Photiou , Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:48 pm

To be fair on this account, i think it was pure luck, the seller was an experienced ebay cine seller, he also had some other great titles which fetched very high numbers.
In the case of this particular title, it was well listed with good screenshots, i think if memory is correct that it ended during an afternoon, i placed my max bid and when i saw that i won it i was very surprised, but very pleased.
The quality of the print is pretty good, the contrast is very good.
It was described as slightly soft but i have seen much worse. Personally, i think it's actually a pretty good print, certainly very clean. Defiantly a keeper for us.

We would definatly like to get a good 16mm episode, one was offered to me by a friend but it wasn't an episode we thought was very good. As Greg says, the earlier episode's were the best ones.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Dam Busters
Thats Carry on, 800ft Colour sound, Derann & Walton prints on one spool

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor