First showing for the fresh film room.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:51 pm

The first film show in our new film room has taken place, not quite as planned, but still a good long show. I was hoping for an all-nighter but my audience asked me if I thought 4pm until 11 pm was better. Perhaps age is catching up!!
Seven hours it was with an hour break, so I agreed but this will be one of a few.
The first showing started with 16mm with both of my Eiki’s set up to try to do continuous, or at least as best as possible as I’ve not tempted it before. The first film was my IB Tech print of Bullitt followed directly by Mississippi burning. This was then our short break while I set up the super 8. I needed to get some projectors moving again as we have had no heating in our home since the end of August and as you know, November December and January were very cold and this was not good for either the films or equipment.
On the 8mm showings this included two advert reels, (Indi 8 number 1 and the Derann ads of the 90s) In order to keep a variation I let the audience pick out there choice of shorts, these were the 3 x 400ft Viva Las Vegas, The Hunter, (both mounted on 800ft reels) a few trailers, (The sound of Music scope and my new Titanic scope trailer). This was followed up by two more mini features of The Godfather and Police Academy 2. I ended up with a couple of cartoons, Baby Butch and Bad luck blackie.
I was very pleased with all of this and my new room is well and truly christened.
Putting this room back together has made me realise I have too much and will continue to sell to buy at a ratio of sell 10 to buy one. Hopefully over the next few years this should balance things out a bit.
Most of the titles are in the reviews sections but I did take a couple of fresh screenshots of the first two films, then I put the camera down to enjoy the show with Brother and the Wife. Both did stay awake, however, I think there idea of 4 till 11 was better than my all night job.

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan, Greg Perry, Mark Mander, Eivind Mork and Martin Dew

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: First showing for the fresh film room.

#2 by Gwyn Morgan , Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:27 pm

Looking great Tom two good features there especially Bullitt.Glad it all went well and the audience stayed the pace.You will have to get a long play unit of some description does make a difference.
Look forward to the next show 😁😁

Greg Perry likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#3 by Mark Mander , Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:32 pm

Well done Tom and glad your up and running again, nice choices on the films(especially Viva Las Vegas) your audience have very good taste, 7 hours is a good run too, Mark

Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#4 by Eivind Mork , Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:55 am

Looking great! I am glad you have your film room up and running again!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

Tom & Jerry - Casanova Cat
Advert Reel No30

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor