More projector messing about

#1 by Mark Mander , Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:24 pm

So this week weve been having a new roof put on the house, so thought it was a good idea to go through a few machines which I enjoy, with a few under my belt I decided to have a look at a couple more ST1200s, a very nice HD mag/opt was first and was put away due to the light filter not quite raising up or down correctly so removed the unit and had another look, for me it was just getting it set up with minor adjustment, it now works correctly which I'm pleased as everything else works as it should, just a light strip and clean also done.

The second ST today is an early model mag/opt, this is a nice machine but I didn't really use it due to the round power cord that only fits this model, I may swap the kettle type end at some point and use it or leave it as it is. All I had to do was change a belt on it as it was stretched, it runs lovely now, again a minor strip and clean and all is well,Mark

The following members like this: Tom Photiou, Martin Dew, Eivind Mork, Greg Perry and Gwyn Morgan
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

RE: More projector messing about

#2 by Mark Mander , Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:45 pm

In optical mode , these early machines sound a lot better than the later machines, they seem to have the edge on sound,Mark

Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
ThankYou 157

#3 by Mark Mander , Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:07 pm

Also finished another HD, new rear plastic cog as it had split, belts and bulb, mag/opt earlier model, optical sound is superb as is magnetic, ran the Derann Big Parade scope/stereo extract from Hello Dolly, Mark.

The following members like this: Tom Photiou, Greg Perry and Gwyn Morgan
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
ThankYou 157

#4 by Tom Photiou , Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:30 pm

Jobs looks a good un, another projector back to life. The only good thing about the lockdown, it gives us all a chance to get things sorted,
In my case it gave me a chance to **** things up on my SL2 , oh and followed by a major water leak in the house, "what a pisser"! Just about getting back to normal, another two weeks i reckon, in the last six months i have had the 16mm serviced and repaired professionally but the film room has been dismantled, so now its about to all get back together again.
I think many a collector has done something to a projector for good intent but inadvertently caused a bigger problem.
Looks like yours has had a very good service and repair. Thanks for the images as well.

The following members like this: Martin Dew, Eivind Mork, Greg Perry and Gwyn Morgan
Mark Mander sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#5 by Martin Dew , Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:47 am

Yes, loving all the images, Mark. Keep 'em coming!

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Tom Photiou
Mark Mander sais Thank You!

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 95

I NEED THE HELP OF GERMAN FORUM MEMBER PLEASE?
Bauer T502 Duoplay

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor