Eiki Zoom Converter.

#1 by Gwyn Morgan , Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:27 pm

I have an Eiki zoom converter as shown in the two pictures.I have had it a few years now and the optics have gone a bit haywire in so much that it won’t give a good sharp picture when attached to the projector lens.The actual lens is clear no fungus or the like,it’s as if the lens have moved within the barrel of the lens.I have checked the outer tightening rings and one was slightly loose so tightened it up as I thought best but to no avail.
I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what I could do to correct the lens ,or does anyone by chance have the know how works deals In optics ,or has anyone had dealings with anyone who’s into optics and could point me in the right direction.
Thanks any thoughts appreciated.

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

Last edited 01.13.2021 | Top

RE: Eiki Zoom Converter.

#2 by Paul Browning , Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:31 pm

If you can't use it as is, why not just open up the front locking ring, carefully remove each lens as you come to it, line them up in a neat row, until you come to the course of the fault. It sound like a lens has moved sideways and now you have locked it in its wrong position. There won't be many lens in there, its not a tele photo lens or macro lens or any electronics to upset, give it a go what have you got to loose .......

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson, Gwyn Morgan and Tom Photiou
Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#3 by Gwyn Morgan , Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:13 pm

Paul ,many thanks ,yes I will give it a go as you say nothing to loose I like taking things apart.Fingers crossed.

Robert Crewdson likes this

Gwyn Morgan
ThankYou 275

#4 by Gwyn Morgan , Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:26 pm

So this afternoon took the zoom apart,two outer rings and two outer lens .cleaned and replaced four times turning each lens one at a time till yes the picture was perfect again.
I reckon some so and so ...........me........had taken a lens out previously and put it back the wrong way.
Must say the outer rings are a pain to get on and off.
Now what can I dismantle 😁😁

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Paul Browning, Martin Dew, Tom Photiou and Robert Crewdson

Gwyn Morgan
ThankYou 275

#5 by Paul Browning , Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:05 pm

Ah, the sweet smell of success, i knew you could do it. The threads are fine, pipe threads, and easy to cross thread, well done, one more lens saved .............

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan, Tom Photiou and Robert Crewdson
Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

picture test
SPECIAL DEDICATION FOR GREG

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor