Strange problem with UPS

#1 by Robert Crewdson , Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:17 pm

Recently I used UPS to send my projector away for a service and upgrade. Last time I had sent a projector away I had used Hermes, and Kevin Brown recommended UPS. No complaints with their handling. I had forgotten that 6 years ago I used a debit card to send payment. This time, when I had completed all the details, there was a choice between using a card or Paypal. I decided to use Paypal. I had arranged next day collection. I clicked on the button that said Pay Now and get labels,. No labels appeared. I waited an hour and still nothing, so went on to Paypal, which said Payment was pending. Problem was if I wanted a fast answer, I could only communicate with a machine instead of a human. The info I got was that payment would not be released until UPS completed the order. So I contacted UPS who told me that they would not complete the order until they had been paid.
I next looked if it was possible to cancel the transaction so I could pay by another method, so back to Paypal, who said that the transaction could only be cancelled by the merchant (UPS), so back to UPS who said that as Paypal still had the money they couldn't cancel the transaction. Paypal said that after 6th January they would not be able to take payment.
I wanted next day collection so I re-booked, paid with a credit card, the labels appeared immediately
So if your thinking of using UPS for anything, don't use Paypal.

Gwyn Morgan likes this
Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

RE: Strange problem with UPS

#2 by Gwyn Morgan , Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:01 pm

I recently used UPS ,not paying by PayPal,but credit card and I was surprised how efficient they were .Picked up and delivered in 24hrs which I thought was pretty good.You hear of people having a bad experience with some delivery companies but so far so good in my case.
I suspect there are some tales of woe out there!

Robert Crewdson likes this

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

RE: Strange problem with UPS

#3 by Robert Crewdson , Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:37 pm

No complaints about their service; just sent two large parcels to Spain, and they got there in 8 days by road, and that was with a delay. Had I used their air service it would have been there next day, and the prices were very good.

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

Happy New Year
my new years resolution

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor