elmo 16mm cl

#1 by Paul Browning , Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:23 pm

Having few problems with this machine, in particular the take up arm. If i put a feature on 2000ft reels half way through the take up would just start slipping, making a right racket. I knew they had a tensioner on this take up, so i adjusted it to get some tension back, tried it again , still doing it. So i thought the belts stretched beyond any adjustment. I remember having the conversation with a fellow forum member who recommended the toothed belt update kit made by elmo. So i ordered that. So not related at all to this projector, the toolroom i work in were having all the grinders serviced. The parting comment from the service engineer was" the 1400 belt was ok, but someone had put on the wrong way round ", ie the outside on the inside, so it was slipping when you did any heavy grinding. So that got me thinking ,same kind of belt but small in length on the elmo, i wonder if ?. I got back home the same day and checked, sure enough, the belt was on the wrong way round, and slipping under load.......... I turned it round, and what do you know, works perfectly now and no slipping on the features either. Now this was "professionally serviced" before i purchased it. So a note to anyone who owns one of machines check the belt is on the right way round, that is to say, black rubber coating inwards ................

The following members like this: Robert Crewdson, Eivind Mork and Tom Photiou
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

RE: elmo 16mm cl

#2 by Robert Crewdson , Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:29 pm

Very good Paul; if you hadn't had this conversation you would still be wondering what the cause was, and maybe paying to have it fixed.

Paul Browning sais Thank You!

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#3 by Paul Browning , Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:24 pm

Sometimes we overlook the simple fix first, and dive in feet first, i've learned to walk away from a problem, and return later with a clear head and a light bulb comes on......... I've done twice recently,where a projector has been sold as spares or repairs only, but purely on a hunch, both times was just a faulty fuse. Yes Robert, get friendly with the repair engineer and converse over a cuppa you never know what he might tell you to your advantage ............

Robert Crewdson likes this
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#4 by Robert Crewdson , Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:19 pm

That's a good suggestion Paul; I have taken a break from a problem, then come back to it later.

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

Looking for please
TQ1 Serviced

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor