Blazing Saddles

#1 by Gwyn Morgan , Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:55 pm

What can one say,totally in PC and as far as I am concerned a good laugh and don’t take it seriously.
400 cutdown of Blazing Saddles .
Not wising to say much it’s all about a sheriff going to a town and the troubles along the way.Just wish I had this one on 16mm
Some pics.

The following members like this: Martin Dew, Tom Photiou, Eivind Mork and Greg Perry

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

RE: Blazing Saddles

#2 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:06 am

I always thought this should have been one of the few 3x400' W.B.'s releases via Columbia 8mm, although this reel is good, you think what a 50 minute version could have been, the longer running time could have set up some of the numerous jokes and comic situations, but alas it never came about, still a nice reel though!

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan and Greg Perry
Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!
Barry Attwood

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:28 am

Good screenshots Barry, It would have been an ideal 3 x 400 release. We have the 400 cutdown with excellent colours, bought it at Tavistock market for a tenner along with some adverts.
Blazing Saddles.

This is a film that should be used in modern media studies. It's one of the funniest films ever made. It would also teach the sad brainwashed snowflakes of today what a "joke" actually means.
When you see any documentary about the making of this film i find it sad to hear Mel Brooks stating that unfortunately in this day and age you wouldn't be allowed to make it, and if you did, it wouldn't get a release.
A laugh a minute all the way through. I would love to get hold of a low fade theatrical print of this title on 16.

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan and Greg Perry
Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 10.31.2020 | Top

#4 by Gwyn Morgan , Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:47 pm

Yes Barry very good screen shots 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
That makes two of us chasing a 16mm print Tom😄😄😄

Tom Photiou likes this

Gwyn Morgan
ThankYou 273

#5 by Greg Perry , Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:27 am

Gwyn,
Thanks for the great pics! This is a true comedy classic, and yes, sadly, it would never be made in this day and age...Does this edit contain the campfire scene with the beans and 'farting'?

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#6 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:49 am

Seeing this topic I sorted out my Blu-Ray of "Blazing Saddles", to me it's like the best "Carry On" films, I know most of the dialogue, but still find myself laughing my head off, it's just a brilliant, un PC (for today!), comedy classic. I watched a couple of the extras, where some of the deleted scenes were included, interesting but I could see why they were cut, it also showed us the U.S. TV version of the "Beans" scene, where all the farts have been removed, and actors basically stand up and down with various grimaces on there faces, it just does not work without the "FARTS!", whether it's changed since then, I doubt it, perhaps if it's shown on one of the cable networks over ther it might be shown uncut.

Barry Attwood

#7 by Tom Photiou , Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:23 am

And the good news is, it is in the 409ft version, cut short before its suggested to send Mungo in.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#8 by Gwyn Morgan , Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:39 pm

Greg, yes it’s got the complete baked bean sequence farts and all.
Great laugh from start to finish.

Gwyn Morgan
ThankYou 273

Remo Williams .
Halloween Viewing

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor