So simple to upset your projector

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:57 pm

A month or so ago some of you may recall that my Eiki SLT2 began to become very noisey through the gate. It is with some embarrassment that a week or so afterwards i was blaming it all on of over cleaning of a film with filmguard, (which does cause problems if over used).Then it dawned on me that it was me who has caused the problem. During the early part of lock-down i decided to give the projector a deep clean. Diving in enthusiastically i didn't realise that the gate was actually connected to the scope bracket. . There was a line of dirt sat on the top of the bar so i thought i would loosen the two screws that secure it in, once loosened i soon realised that this was a bad idea so i quickly tightened them up again. By the time i spotted my error it was too late, the assembly had moved so wrecking the factory set up, hence when hot the film makes a lot of noise. I spoke with friend during lock down who did say that he had seen many a projector problems caused by over enthusiastic cleaning. My lesson has now been learned, study longer before touching anything and if it aint broke, dont touch it.
The machine will be taken to Mr Brown to be be sorted, but also, i would like to say that a very good friend spotted my problem on here and said he had a spare machine i could have to keep me going while mine was out of action. The Eiki NT1 was sent to me and it runs perfectly well with no problems. The generosity of friends within this hobby loses me for words. A kind gesture of which i hope to be able to pay back in some way. A massive thank you to this kind friend.

It will also be interesting to see what Mr Brown makes of the crack in the 1st sprocket that i mentioned on here previously, from what i gather he hasn't seen this before, i will report back after it is returned, meanwhile, this week i will be enjoying films on my new found NT1.

Eiki SL2 Help please!!

The following members like this: Del Phillipson and Gwyn Morgan

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 07.05.2020 | Top

16mm Film Home Storage Advice
Osram Bulbs, ELC or HLX?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor