Beware this seller

#1 by Gwyn Morgan , Mon May 18, 2020 10:03 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I have seen this information on a couple of sites and judging by the comments,of which there are many,this is one person who should be avoided at all cost.
The bloke is called SERGEY GAVRILENKO,apparently he claims to have a library of some 3000 films and he always has the one you want.
Operating from the Ukraine,he has ripped of people in this country,Italy,USA to name a few.
I don’t think he is a member on this site,but he is on eBay.
There is a shed load of info on other sites if you care to look.
Anyway please beware!!!

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

RE: Beware this seller

#2 by Robert Crewdson , Mon May 18, 2020 11:17 pm

I'm not familiar with the name, but I have seen someone selling English language films from the Ukraine at fancy prices. Thanks for the warning.

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#3 by Greg Perry , Mon May 18, 2020 11:57 pm

Gwyn--thanks for sharing this news...

"Sergey" is not a member of this forum--at least under this name. Maybe unfair to the honest sellers, but I am extremely wary of buying anythin from certain "Eastern Bloc" countries, if you know what I mean....I guess there is also a guy in South Africa selling on ebay who is not exactly good to buy from. He has all sorts of titles but says it will take 90 days for shipping and his rating of a films condition is apparently extremely generous---to say the least.

Robert Crewdson likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#4 by Robert Crewdson , Tue May 19, 2020 10:23 am

90 days for shipping is ridiculous. I would be concerned buying any films from South Africa; i'm thinking of the heat and V.S.

Greg Perry likes this

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

#5 by Maurice Leakey , Tue May 19, 2020 10:27 am

I can add another seller to be aware of.

This gentleman is in the UK. It's not possible to name this seller (although I do know his actual name) as he constantly changes his eBay name.

However, look at his address. This is Seaham, a small town in County Durham. The address details he often puts on the bottom of the page is a mixture of his proper home address.

He has attractive items at inflated Buy It Now prices. You may be asked to deal outside of eBay or PayPal. And you may not get what you order. I got caught out good and proper with him four years ago. Most of the 9.5mm films which I received were suffering from rising damp and many had to be thrown away, and the Buckingham 9.5mm projector needed extensive repairs.

He never responded to my letters, and as the deal was outside of eBay there was no chance of an official complaint.

Maurice

Robert Crewdson likes this
Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

Last edited 05.19.2020 | Top

#6 by Robert Crewdson , Tue May 19, 2020 10:34 am

I think I know this one Maurice. I think he set up some Cinema Heritage Fund that failed. Advertises all his films as in top condition.

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

Projectors in films
Mark Mander...

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor