25 years trading! and still here, who'd have thought!

#1 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:27 am

I've just realised that later in the year I'll have been trading as Independent 8 for 25 Years , even outlasting Derann. Who'd have thought that when myself and my brother Michael talked to Derek Simmonds asking for his thoughts that I'd still be trading a quarter of a century later. I think we finalised things around about September/October 1994, so I'll do a competition in that issue to celebrate the 25 years, so it will give me a few months to come up with some relevent questions.

My latest lists are currently at the printers (yes I still send out paper editions) and will be on doormats later in the week, and online from then on, so look out for an update by next weekend. By the way if anyone would like to subscribe to my Bi-monthly lists, I've held the prices at:-

£8 U.K.
£10 Europe
£15 R.o.W.

I do not make anything on the subscriptions, I actually lose money each issue, but it all helps in the long run, as each booklet costs me £1 each plus p&p on top, so you can see what I mean, but I'm told by my paper customers they still like looking through an actual paper booklet, as some of them have no internet, so it's the only way to find new films.

I'm not sure there will be another 25 years of trading, I'm getting older each day (as we all are!), but you never know, do you!

So finally it's a big THANK YOU to all the people who have bought off me in the last 25 YEARS .

All the best,

Barry,
Independent 8.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Iman Yahya, Martin Dew, Stuart Reid, Eivind Mork and Del Phillipson
Vidar Olavesen, Eivind Mork and Greg Perry say Thank You!
Barry Attwood

RE: 25 years trading! and still here, who'd have thought!

#2 by Tom Photiou , Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:52 pm

Congratulations on this Barry and Thank You for everything you have done for the last 25 years for all of us collectors.

It's great that this hobby is still continuing in 2019, and indeed, who would have imagined the prices some of our films would be commanding at this time.

I blame Brexit (well, that's what everything's being blamed on at the moment so why not)

I hope 2019 is a good and busy year for you mate.

Looking for, A Bridge too Far
The Untouchables, (K Costner)Trading Places, (theatrical only)Seven,Scrooged,Lock stock and two smoking barrels
A Fish called Wanda
Batman 1989

Del Phillipson likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#3 by Eivind Mork , Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:41 pm

That is something to celebrate for sure! 25 years is a long time indeed! As someone who came late to the hobby, I am very glad you are still doing business!

The following members like this: Del Phillipson and Tom Photiou

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#4 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:04 pm

Many thanks guys, it's been (and still is) a pleasure to deal with you all over the years, I must admit it is getting harder each year to keep going, but I try my best, and hopefully I'll be going for a few more years yet!

The following members like this: David Alligan, Eivind Mork, Greg Perry and Tom Photiou
Barry Attwood

#5 by David Skillern , Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:05 pm

Hi Barry,

please keep going.

The following members like this: David Alligan, Greg Perry and Tom Photiou
David Skillern  
David Skillern
Date registered 05.02.2016
home: South Wales
ThankYou 71

Meeting in Norway 2019
Where is everyone?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1