blackpool info please read

#1 by Dave Guest , Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:49 pm

I david guest would like to thank every one who attended my film fairover the week end and a special thanks to jo shorty who flew 1000s of miles and dominque and the excellent guys from Norway yet people live only miles away and never come .a very special thanks to my dedicated team who spent all there time helping without these guys the show would not go on so thanks paul simon and mark and bob for all your help .the venue is booked for next year similar dates and deposit paid .the auction was very good lasted 2 hours with over 300 super 8 films and first time ever some 35mm as well next years film fair will be run now by my sons they wont have films to sell but everything else will be the same bring and buy auction and film shows . as you all know I did have an operation on the 11th sept and was doing fine then 10 days later I started to get out of breath and always tired .the doctor put me on antibiotics to cure this but that did no good it was only 9 days before blackpool I had my scan and was told I have 3 months to live .I am having an open day at my home on the 9th dec at 10.30 am where there will be films galore and and projecters at bargain prices I have car parking spaces for at least 80 cars tea and coffee will be served every one welcome my address is
homefield
moss lane
burscough
l40 4at
I don't know how I managed to tell everyone at blackpool but I did god bless you all and thanks for all those who have bought films of me signed david guest

Dave Guest
Date registered 09.28.2015
home: lancashire
ThankYou 69

RE: blackpool info please read

#2 by Tom Photiou , Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:32 pm

Jeepers David, i have just re read this and cannot believe what i have now read.
I am so very sorry to hear of this and i hope and pray that the Doctors are off pace with this.
This is terrible news.

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 11.19.2018 | Top

#3 by Greg Perry , Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:59 am

David,
So very sorry to hear about your illness. You have been a fantastic supporter of the film collecting hobby for many years---Thank you for all you have done for so many of us!
God Bless you and your loving family.

Kind Regards,
Greg

Gwyn Morgan likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#4 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:08 am

Oh, God, as Tom, I needed to re-read. My symphaties and wishes for it to be untrue. Fight, fight, fight Mr. Guest

Gwyn Morgan likes this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 350

Last edited 11.20.2018 | Top

#5 by Bill Parsons , Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:26 am

This is very sad news, what can you say at a time like this other than hope for a miracle.
I have to say David I admire you for even thinking about planning next years convention.

The following members like this: David Alligan, Del Phillipson, Tom Photiou, Gwyn Morgan and Greg Perry
Bill Parsons  
Bill Parsons
Date registered 10.07.2015
home: Brookland, Kent, Uk
ThankYou 23

#6 by David Alligan , Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:57 am

I would like to say god bless you David for what you have done, if it was not for you the blackpool convention would have ended when Derann ceased trading and its a thankless job but you took it over and made it a great success to which it is.
I could not believe the news when I heard it and it has still not sunk in
You are a true showman and a gent
Take care
David A

The following members like this: Del Phillipson, Gwyn Morgan, Martin Dew and Greg Perry
David Alligan  
David Alligan
Date registered 07.11.2016
home: Felixstowe, Suffolk, UK
ThankYou 45

#7 by Dave Guest , Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:58 am

my 1902 fairground organ will be playing for a hour or so at my open day

Attached pictures:
IMG_0277.JPG  

Dave Guest
Date registered 09.28.2015
home: lancashire
ThankYou 69

#8 by Gwyn Morgan , Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:53 pm

David,
When I first read this yesterday I was completely lost for words.I can only reiterate what has already been said,you are a true gentleman who has done so much for this "hobby",and I can only say thank you for the films and equipment you have obtained for me,and the many others you have done so much for over the years.
God bless you and your family at this time.
Regards Gwyn.

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 275

#9 by Martin Dew , Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:35 pm

I was absolutely shocked to hear this too. I had to leave the auction early on Sunday, so I didn't hear your announcement.

I'm really sorry to hear this news, Dave, and I hope you fight on regardless. You've made this hobby so enjoyable for me, finding 16mm titles that I never thought would pop up. I really appreciate your help, personal interest, and all the entertaining phone conversations we've had since I got back into the hobby two years ago.

I wish you and your family very best wishes.

Martin

Martin Dew
Date registered 10.07.2016
home: Henley-on-Thames
ThankYou 95

#10 by Eivind Mork , Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:51 am

I am truly sorry to hear this David. I too had to read this twice before I understood what I read. God bless and best wishes to you and your family!

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan, David Alligan, Mats Abelli, Martin Dew and Greg Perry

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#11 by Mats Abelli , Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:39 pm

I had the privilege, to thank Dave for everything he has done for our hobby, as a fellow collector, honest dealer and host of the great Film Fairs in Blackpool. When we hugged each other I had tears in my eyes. ( And still have at this moment ). When I left, Dave said " take care lad". I´ll never forget this true gentleman.

The following members like this: Martin Dew, Greg Perry and Gwyn Morgan

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

Blackpool
Blackpool 2018 pictures

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor