Strange happening with the Norwegian customs service

#1 by Eivind Mork , Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:11 pm

I had a strange thing happening to one of my shipment that I find amusing.

I bought something from a British dealer, and he wrote my address totally correct. When it came to Norway something funny happened. The customs service changed the receiving address to my parents address :-) Here is my theory: When they handled my parcel they looked me up in the Norwegian personal register to register a customs fee to me. Then they must have found my address that I had until I moved from home in 1997. I know they still have that address connected to me for some reason, but I haven't received anything there for many many years.

By coincidence I am on holiday visiting my parents now, and I just picked up the parcel on the local postal office, so for me it was in fact quite practical. On the parcel I could read my real address written correctly in big letters, but there was added a new address by the customs service with a bar code to it that must have overridden the routing :-) I have never experienced anything like that before :-) I found it pretty amusing :-)

Greg Perry likes this

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

RE: Strange happening with the Norwegian customs service

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:21 pm

Meaning they can’t follow orders ... Sounds idiotic. Good that you got it though

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#3 by Don Cunningham , Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:45 pm

Talk about luck!

Don Cunningham
Date registered 02.13.2018
home: Texas
ThankYou 33

#4 by Greg Perry , Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:42 pm

Eivind,
I am glad you got your film order! I had a similar issue with an order from Phil from CHC last year--but NOT his fault at all. Phil shipped it correctly to our address here in Minnesota. But our son had recently moved to Florida and had a mail forwarding request in the USPS system. Somehow USPS thought it was for him and re-routed it to Florida--despite MY name clearly on the address label. Our son was able to re-ship it up to me--but on our dime to do so....not worth the time, or stress to argue with the USPS on it.

Eivind Mork likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Heads up regarding illegal activity

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor