Question for Greg then to answer please.

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 9:00 am

Sorry If this isn't the correct category to post this question Greg but as the general yak section has now been closed and this is closest to it, I thought as its a non film gauge specific question, it best to place it here.

It is a question that was initially placed at the end of Vidar's "Personal Issues" thread but that has now been closed by Robert unfortunately so it could never have been possible for you to have granted me the courtesy of explanation sadly Greg, despite the fact the question was directly aimed at yourself.

Anyhow here was that question Greg and hopefully this thread will remain open long enough for you to be able to reply and grant me an explanation hopefully.

Please can you let me know that whenever I am in attendance here now I am described as 1 Hidden instead of having my name at the bottom just as everyone else does?

Even if Roberts Moderator template highlights me as being in attendance as may yours Greg, I can assure you at my own end it just has me down as
1 Hidden.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun May 20, 2018 9:01 am | Top

RE: Question for Greg then to answer please.

#2 by Mats Abelli , Sun May 20, 2018 9:09 am

You seems to be hidden, only to yourself, Andrew. I can see your name on every one of your posts

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 9:15 am

Thank you Mats for your kind reply, how very bizarre then Mats?????

When I looked at Roberts photograph showing 1 Hidden there also, I could see my name on his too but I assumed the mechanics of the forum were now set up in such a manner that all of the new Administration team here could see when I am in attendance but perhaps none of the membership itself possibly could.

Given your explanation Mats, it seems this may now not be the case but still I hope this "glitch" can be rectified and at least the bottom tab will then represent everyone in attendance here and the invisible man will then have vanished! 😁😁

Mats Abelli likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun May 20, 2018 9:17 am | Top

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 9:28 am

Oh,..as if by magic, its all back to normal now surrounding the bottom name bar.

I'm here and no longer 1 Hidden! 😊😊🔟

The Invisible Man no longer!! 😊🎺🎺

Mats Abelli likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#5 by Robert Crewdson , Sun May 20, 2018 10:05 am

Your name is visible to me also; I don't know what this 'One Hidden' means, or who they are. Is it important?. Greg is currently off site, no doubt due to the different time zone. When he returns he can answer your question, as the thread is only locked to members. The thread was locked to stop any continuation of something that is now history. We have started a new chapter in the history of this forum. We need to leave the past and move on.

Robert Crewdson
Date registered 05.19.2018
home: United Kingdom
ThankYou 176

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 10:11 am

The past is what creates history Robert. Lessons are learned only from our past.

Andrew Woodcock

#7 by Robert Crewdson , Sun May 20, 2018 10:12 am

We should learn from past mistakes, but some don't. Best to wait for Greg to return and answer your question.

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 10:15 am

I never mentioned the word mistakes Robert.
Much of history doesn't only teach us of mistakes.

Andrew Woodcock

#9 by Eivind Mork , Sun May 20, 2018 10:44 am

I have the answer now. I found the issue but then had a breakfast with the family to be a part of, so here is a delayed explanation. There was a setting on the user that set you hidden in that list. It could have been set by mistake as it was next to the admin flag or quite possibly have been there for a while. I learned today that an admin do see the user in the list anyways even if that flag was set, so we would not have seen the effect of it if it was there. I have corrected this now, and that was when you saw yourself again :-)

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#10 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 10:47 am

Mistakes can happen Eivind, even at the top. Thanks for correcting it for me bud.

Andrew Woodcock

#11 by Robert Crewdson , Sun May 20, 2018 10:48 am

I hope that satisfies you now Andrew; any continual statements about past history could be seen as being confrontational. We don't want to be given the wrong impression, which could affect your membership here.

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

Last edited 05.20.2018 | Top

#12 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 10:51 am

Is that meant to be some kind of a veiled threat Robert?
I do hope not.

Yes thank you Robert, I feel fully satisfied with the explanation I have been given now by Eivind, to answer your question.

Welcoming, kind and friendly remember!

Oh and did I forget respectful at all times

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun May 20, 2018 10:55 am | Top

#13 by Robert Crewdson , Sun May 20, 2018 10:58 am

Yes, Andrew, I am fully aware of the new rules. I'm just reminding you. I also know how to do my job, and Greg kindly invited me back to do it. If you have any further questions or complaints about rules or my role of Moderator, please take it up with him via a PM.

Robert Crewdson
ThankYou 176

#14 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 11:04 am

I haven't forgotten the rule book so quickly just yet Robert.
No reminder necessary thanks.

Andrew Woodcock

#15 by John Hourigan ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 11:26 am

In my humble opinion, I believe the question that is the basis of this entire thread is an example of one that is better handled in a direct PM, rather than hashing it out in a series of posts that is obviously for effect, rather than the greater good. Just as an example, when I have a question that doesn’t impact the forum membership as a whole, but only me, I send a PM rather than have the membership have to slog through something that doesn’t affect them at all.

The following members like this: Douglas Warren and Robert Crewdson
Robert Crewdson sais Thank You!
John Hourigan

#16 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 11:29 am

Thanks for the advice there John. I shall bear it in mind in future.

It led me to a far speedier result via Eivind in this instance to do things in the manner that I chose so I am pleased with the outcome on this occasion.

It is also a highly valid point in all of this that if this had been sent to whoever by PM, I wouldn't have gained the resulting assistance from fellow member Mats here by it being visible by all.
It was his observations that led me to understand the issue better so thanks to Mats once again for his kind intervention with this one.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun May 20, 2018 11:49 am | Top

#17 by John Hourigan ( deleted ) , Sun May 20, 2018 11:55 am

As a fellow forum member, I’m simply asking that you don’t start a thread to engage in thinly veiled attempts to “test the waters” in light of the new forum leadership.

Robert, I recommend that this thread now be closed and/or deleted given the question, which should have taken the form of a PM instead, was not relevant to the forum as a whole, but a technical one that was only affecting one member.

Douglas Warren likes this
John Hourigan

#18 by Greg Perry , Sun May 20, 2018 1:03 pm

I am glad to hear Eivind has fixed the "hidden" flag for Andrew. That was probably something that I "stepped on" when making changes yesterday.
PM's to an admin (currently Eivind) in these types of non-critical situations are preferred. I expect there will be other glitches along the way as I get a handle on the forum software, so patience is appreciated.

The following members like this: Mats Abelli and Vidar Olavesen

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Personal issues

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor