Cross Threading Discussion

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:16 pm

As Tom's Review post on his 16mm film Mash became the subject of another unrelated discussion by association, I have moved all what was discussed there, into this section here for either continuation of this topic or just for prosperity.

Here is what was written surrounding this topic from the original thread,..

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:46 pm | Top

RE: Cross Threading Discussion

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Andrew Woodcock #5 10/01/2018 11:23pm

I do hope this kind of "cross threading" is deemed acceptable Tom by Mark and the others who allegedly don't like this kind of activity.

Your reviews at times are what keeps us ticking over here Tom, so I for one, certainly hope so anyhow!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:12 am | Top

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:23 pm

#6 Tom Photiou 10/01/2018 11:51pm

Good point, any feedback on this is welcome by all,
have to say this is a better side for the reviews due to the ease of putting up the screenshots.

Andrew Woodcock

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:26 pm

#7 Andrew Woodcock 10/01/2018 11:51pm

I completely agree Tom.
Far simpler here.

If these "cross threads" have to go also, we will be left only with onlookers staring into thin air at times!!
Maybe that's how some prefer to share their hobby exploits.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:26 pm | Top

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:28 pm

#8 Mark Mander 11/01/2018 12:22am

It's a little bit different Andrew,this was a thread started on here and Tom posted it on the other forum under what did you see last night on 16mm,he wasn't using it as a sound board for his own purposes by actually cross threading posts started elsewhere as you have been doing, beginning to see where Paul is coming from with this smart arse comment and don't appreciate it,your the one who has clearly done wrong and not Tom or anyone else for that matter,up to you if you want to keep upsetting people but please get it into perspective before you make such remarks,Mark

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:29 pm | Top

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:30 pm

#9 Andrew Woodcock 12/01/2018 12:27am

Mark, very often Tom can post on film tech first or vice versa.
The principles are exactly the same for the parallels to be drawn.

This is not a smart alec remark,it is merely pointing out that this does go on by others on ALL of the forums and always has done to a degree.
There are countless examples since time immemorial.

It isn't something I've ever had an issue with even in times when I was a member of two film forums.
If pointing out this first example only days later upsets you Mark, then quite frankly, I'm astonished Mark.
This subject isn't anything worth becoming upset over Mark.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:35 pm | Top

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:32 pm

#10 Mark Mander 11/01/2018 12:36am

You are chatting complete and utter crap now and you know it,that is not what you were doing Andrew,I don't have to say anymore than that but if you wish to continue then that's fine with me,is this what happens when you don't get a film you want and I do the honourable thing by saying I will offer it to the first person who asks? So What your saying is Tom is cross threading posts? Mark

Andrew Woodcock

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:34 pm

#11 Andrew Woodcock 11/01/2018 12:42am

Mark, what on earth are you talking about??

And you accuse me of "chatting crap!"

Mark, I already have the film. If you want to sell it to myself, Vidar, Tom, Dick or Harry,. .that's perfectly fine by me.

If you don't and you now want to keep it, Give it away to charity or sell it to anyone on the planet,. ..that's equally fine Mark.
Nobody cares less what you choose to do with your films. They are yours to do with what you wish.

Lord only knows where that one come from but please, give us all some credit.
Christ, where are we going here?

It's about "cross threading", nothing more, nothing less.

Andrew Woodcock

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:37 pm

#12 Mark Mander 11/01/2018 01:03am

Well something has made you act like an idiot with these comments, you said it was me and allegedly others who disliked the cross posting,there is no allegedly about it as those other members made it clear too on here, you have it seems made a bee line for me about something you were doing and it was stopped,I was trying to help you get back on the other forum so you could reply on there instead of cross threads on here which didn't really make sense at times but as I said that wasn't going to happen because you were a bit reserved in what really went on ,it's up to you trying to make these comments aimed at me and you clearly don't like being told by anyone but all the facts are there and it's not just me.

Sorry Tom for hijacking your post,Mark

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:37 pm | Top

#10 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:39 pm

#13 Andrew Woodcock 11/01/2018 01:07am

I'd have to break that lot down I'm afraid Mark.
Just about none of it makes any immediate sense to begin with so we will take this one,one step at a time shall we?

"Well something has made you act like an idiot with these comments".

What does that mean and where have you got that from first?

"I've made a bee line for you for something I was doing wrong and was stopped"

Again, what on earth does any of this mean???

What am I supposed to have "done wrong" and what exactly, is it that I've been "stopped" from doing?

The help you offered as when anyone tries to help out anyone, was of course gratefully received but even then I knew it was pointless, I never asked for it and I made it perfectly clear I was no longer a member there and wouldn't be posting there again well in advance of your intervention Mark.

I also don't see how posting a similar thread or even an identical thread as Tom has done here only tonight with one of his, could ever cause any confusion or in fact stop either post from "making sense".
Film Tech is an open forum which just about anyone ever associated with this hobby reads so any follow on from one to another is very easy to comprehend for anyone who is a member here.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:39 pm | Top

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:41 pm

#15 Andrew Woodcock 11/01/2018 12:38pm

As this is your thread regarding another excellent review Tom, I will tidy this lot up to leave only the points specifically regarding your own film review here.(Mash review thread)

I will take the rest of this other discussion to a different thread (now here) so it can remain or be continued, whichever turns out to be the case.

Unlike other forums, we don't tend to delete posts here that prove to be debated to even confrontational levels at times.

Discussion, debate and opinion is healthy and to sweep all that isn't just "sugar and spice and all things nice" away under a carpet, is not representative of the democracy we all enjoy in our societies.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:49 pm | Top

#12 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:40 am

Well we never did hear back from Mark for answers to my questions asked, but I suppose that is only for the best all around for our hobby.
A small community needs to stick together no matter how one see's things as black and the other see's it as white!

After the "Silence is Golden" comment, it had to be this one to leave this thread on here!
What a tune to make you feel good even when the world has turned to absolute shite at times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EaT_kHG3gQ

Played this everytime at every 60+ Disco, late on, really really loud through the EV's.
Went down a Storm each and every time!
Happy Days eh!!

Nobody ever complained over tinnitus, not once! No surprises there then I guess!!!

John Smith likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:14 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Lets dispel the myths once again

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor