Happy New Year all!

#1 by Stuart Reid , Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:24 pm

Happy new year gang, sorry I've not been very involved on the forums recently; I've had a spell of ill health (well, the whole family had it over Christmas) and before that I was so piled up with work that I just didn't have time to do anything much at all. I did however manage to get a couple of lovely film shows up for friends and neighbours in the week before Christmas, both of which went down extremely well with all concerned. The audience age for Mickey's Christmas Carol (thanks Andrew!) ranged from 8 to 73, and all were spellbound in a way you simply don't get with digital projection.

So this year I'm determined to run more films and introduce more people to the forgotten art of showmanship! I've got my house lights controlled via Z-Wave which means at the touch of a button (or with a voice request) I can dim the house lights at the start of the film and bring them back up as the last title ends - in fact that little trick got almost as much applause as the films!

Lastly, I was lucky enough to get a print of Genevieve from my dear partner for Christmas, but unfortunately it's quite a lab reject: great colour, but awful lab marks and weird dancing grain throughout, so if someone is looking for a cheapo print of this classic give me a shout, and likewise if someone is looking to sell a good print please let me know.

Here's to 2018 gang, and all the possibilities it holds for us all.

The following members like this: Mats Abelli and Tom Photiou

Stuart Reid
Date registered 03.07.2016
ThankYou 37

RE: Happy New Year all!

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:56 pm

Happy New Year Stuart. Let the good times roll!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Indi 8's Christmas Quiz - The Winners Are...

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor