No acronyms here sorry.

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:52 pm

A warm welcome to our latest member here who somehow slipped again through the net????

Anyhow Nigel (presumably), as much as we welcome all new genuine members here, our forum policy here, as outlined in several places, is not to accept Nick names or acronyms or any other such likes.

With this in mind, please could you update your membership using your correct actual forename and surname please, to avoid your membership here being withdrawn.

Please do this as quickly as possible by either changing your log in details yourself, or contacting one of our admin members by PM with the correct details, so they may do this for you.

Thank you in advance, for your anticipated cooperation with this here.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

RE: No acronyms here sorry.

#2 by Nigel Higgins , Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:37 pm

sorry andrew lost login details and it told me to long in with facebook so did and thats what happened ,think all is good now .

Nigel Higgins
Date registered 12.06.2015
home: haverhill
ThankYou 14

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:35 am

Thanks for that Nigel.

Not one full day after the notice went out and you corrected your membership here with us all Nigel,...would you believe it?
Someone now wants an admin member here to allow them to join us all here, with the name "Cranberry Juice".

Does the message never ever really get through to these guys???????

How very very frustrating and tiresome.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:39 am | Top

#4 by Eivind Mork , Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:45 am

What if his name really IS Cranberry Juice, and he has been teased for his name all childhood, and now he can't activate his membership here ;-)

The following members like this: Michael Lattavo and Vidar Olavesen

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:53 am

That will not be the case Eivind. I guarantee it.

Equally, and very very frustratingly, this I guarantee, will NOT BE the last example of such an application!

It's like trying to teach a child of 18 not to text while driving a car!!!
And YES, I used the words child and 18 deliberately.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:59 am | Top

#6 by Eivind Mork , Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:55 am

I was just kidding :-)

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 405

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:57 am

I know.

You clearly have far more patience and humour left in you than I find myself having as I get older, Eivind.

Paul Browning likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:04 am | Top

#8 by Paul Browning , Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:10 pm

Its probably the same person Andrew, but i wish they would just grow up and grow a pair.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:24 pm

Agreed Paul, except to say, recently we have just had "Deejay Nigel", which of course turned out to be our very own Nigel Higgins with a lost or forgotten password seemingly, and now this guy....someone completely different by all accounts.

I get it that places like these will always attract the odd prankster with zero interest in the absolute nature of our business here, but often we do still see apparent genuine new or experienced enthusiasts that simply cannot or will not follow a simple instruction.

That is the frustrating part as a member of admin in these places, I feel.

Oh and now, just to add injury to insult...we now have another obvious Nick Name attempting registration here.

Dear or dear.. where are we going with this ???

Maybe I should get my own mother to send in an application here joining us all as "Mother Teresa ".

Ha bloody ha

If you're genuine and you're interested in all what a film forum has to offer, simply follow the simple instructions given out here both frequently and blatently and on numerous occasions, otherwise from now on, I will simply delete all obviously hoax applications on sight and immediately.

By the time this has happened one or two times, hopefully this will somewhat decrease the load of time wasters we regularly wittness applying here and will stop wasting my time as admin here and hopefully the time needlessly given by one or two other members of the admin group we have here.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:18 pm | Top

#10 by Tim Duncan ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:40 pm

Cranberry Juice? Seriously?

Tim Duncan

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:43 pm

But it may just be his real name Tim!

There is nothing serious about these time wasting characters, half of the time sadly Tim.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:43 pm | Top

#12 by Tim Duncan ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:47 pm

My wife used to have a client named Robin Williams. And my name is shared by a rather well-known basketball player here in the states. But I understand the obvious gag with the new person trying to register here. That's as silly as someone being named Buttered Popcorn. :-)

Tim Duncan
Last edited Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:48 pm | Top

#13 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:52 pm

Or "Caractacus Potts" Tim.

Andrew Woodcock

#14 by Paul Browning , Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:44 pm

Yeh, cupid stunt keeps applying, perhaps let them join see what they have to say.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#15 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:01 pm

I will try posting again, the well used old methods of communicating the same old message for now, for our latest two new potential recruits here.

Please read, understand, and then change your application accordingly so you can be correctly and successfully enrolled here.

Once again, I thank you kindly, in anticipation of your correct response to this message, hopefully.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:05 pm | Top

#16 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:12 pm

I have sent emails, the last I sent yesterday, so that need a little time, but the other will soon be deleted

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#17 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:17 pm

It'd be nice if these people simply took heed of our rule book here and altered their applications accordingly.

No one likes to delete new applications Vidar, it's a last resort and one very much born from constant frustration from these same old happenings where all of this is concerned.

For anyone looking to join us here, please please do read this before submitting your application here.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:19 pm | Top

#18 by Eivind Mork , Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:30 pm

It is quite possible that some of them are spam bots too. I am a moderator in am other forum, and we see quite a few of them. Seems like they use humans to get by captchas, and often they are dormant for a while before posting.

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 405

#19 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:08 pm

Best to delete each and every application here then, that doesn't contain a valid real name with accompanying e mail address.

This would serve the forum and our members better for their own protection it would seem.

We really do only want or wish for genuine interested parties after all.

I serve each of these applications recently, with an accompanying reminder post relating to our rules here, but hardly ever does it lead to a new member, so the facts suggest your suspicions are more than likely correct Eivind, I'm afraid.

Gwyn Morgan likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:51 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Merry Christmas all

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 3
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor