Message to new members submitting their details

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:40 am

There are currently 4 people who are trying to become members here on this forum.

I am writing this on the General Yak section so hopefully it will serve to all those currently trying to join, and anyone else subsequently.

To be able to successfully join this forum, we have to have back from you, both your real forename and surname (no acronyms), as well as receive an initial e mail back from your submitted e mail address.
This is our way of validating you are who you say you are,and are an actual real person, before you are enrolled here by one of the Admin team.

I have written to two applicants yesterday and will be writing to the other two today.

Please reply to these e mails if you want to join this forum.

We cannot enrol anyone here without first hearing back from you with your real actual name.

Everybody within this forum is asked to use their real name just in the same way many other public domains do likewise.

We believe this leads to greater transparency and trust among fellow members here and hopefully leads to better relations being built among our membership.

I hope by reading this, all new applications for membership here can now be processed through the system much quicker in future and with no misunderstanding.

Thank You.
Andrew Woodcock (Reel Magic Film Forum Admin Team)

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:50 am | Top

RE: Message to new members submitting their details

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:57 pm

We still have 4 new members trying to join us here.

Please read the previous post, this will enable you to become a member here very very quickly, if this is your wish.

Andrew Woodcock

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:20 pm

As these 4 new applications have now been on the forum awaiting confirmation of identity by a member of admin for quite some time now, and given we have had no response whatsoever,

Perhaps Vidar and Eivind, you may feel as I now do, that the time has arrived to consider deleting these applications now?

It appears none of the four are willing to get back to us with their actual real names so they may join us all here sadly.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:20 pm | Top

#4 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:58 pm

Yes, I have sent emails at least once to each. When they do not respond in such a long time, we can delete them. It kinda looks like we are not doing our job and leave members hanging, but that is not the case.

Mats Abelli likes this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:29 pm

Exactly Vidar, and that was my case in point here with this one!

We have done all we could do. "You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink!"

Mats Abelli likes this
Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

#6 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:33 pm

Yes, I agree

Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#7 by Gwyn Morgan , Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:01 pm

If people don't want to play ball then they can't expect to join in the game!
Seems to me you do the best you can and still people can't be bothered to play along,this has been on going for a while either you give the required details or no membership that's my opinion.

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:22 pm

It's the rules Gwyn, simple as that.

If people have to hide behind a veil, they are not the kind of people we want our members here to be open and honest with.
We have to protect ourselves on public places these days, and to do that we need genuine people with no ulterior motive for joining these public places perhaps.
We all have a duty of care to protect one another when here, with no irresponsibility shown towards our membership.

The criteria is simple enough. You need a name and a valid e mail address in association to that name. If a person isn't prepared to even provide and allow verification of these two basic steps, then what does that suggest?

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Gwyn Morgan
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:33 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
A film evening with Vidar

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor