RE: Inactive users - please read!

#26 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Michael ... Keep your nose out of ADMIN matters. !
You don't know the facts behind all of this.
I know its not MY FORUM but I am not going to explain my reasons why to you.
You also seem intent in always bringing up Hugh and Robert again.
Now just why is that ?
PS ... I am only intent in kicking certain people out of the forum.
Not everyone !!!
If I did there would be no forum at all.

David Hardy
Last edited Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:20 pm | Top

#27 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:43 pm

Nice one Ian thanks for that posting. Very informative.
We look forward to your further posts etc in the near future.

Ian White sais Thank You!
David Hardy

#28 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:18 pm

Thanks for your post Ian. It was nice to read your in depth background and I look forward to many more posts from you here in the future!😊

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Ian White sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:21 pm | Top

#29 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:39 pm

Thanks for your post Ian. It was nice to read your in depth background and I look forward to many more posts from you here in the future! 😊😊

As for the vote, as we know it went very much in favour for non contributing members to be deleted here after 12 months of the new ruling being enforced.

As a result, I'd expect the first members affected here by this ruling, to be leaving us in August 2017 unless of course, you decide to begin joining in a little here with proceedings, in the meantime!

It will be interesting to see just how many we have left here then, once the rules have come into effect!!

Zzz-zzz...wakey wakey everyone!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:52 pm | Top

#30 by Nigel Higgins , Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:14 pm

i often look on this forum and there is nothing for me to reply too ,but if there was something i was intrested in then i would ,i dont understend why you want to remove a memer just because he/she hasnt posted for a while ,im sure youd only have a handfull left ,but ive posted now so i assume im safe.

Vidar Olavesen likes this

Nigel Higgins
Date registered 12.06.2015
home: haverhill
ThankYou 14

#31 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:20 pm

I think personally, inactive user should be the ones not logging in for 12 months. Not sure what the others think. So, I agree with you Nigel

The following members like this: Eivind Mork and Gwyn Morgan

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#32 by Mats Abelli , Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:18 pm

I agree Vidar. If someone actually is logging in, he/she is not inactive, in my point of view.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Gwyn Morgan

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

Last edited 08.27.2016 | Top

#33 by Gwyn Morgan , Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:37 pm

Vidar,I think the decision is completely yours and on the face of it quite simple .
A member can be deleted if they no longer post or do not log on for say twelve months. OR
A member can be deleted if they do not post on any topic for twelve months the qualification to stay is to post not just log on.
I personally feel the way things are going in the film world people should be allowed to "lurck" if they wish and post as and when as long as they at least log on and I am sure those that do just log on ,as I have done for the last few weeks read what is posted.
The forum can ill afford to loose members just for saying nothing,surely it's better to keep people and hope they say something in the future,and you never know what is said may be of great benifit to someone.
Anyway that's a few thoughts but Vidar its your forum your decision,and then perhaps this subject can be rested once and for all.😀😀😀📽📽

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!

Gwyn Morgan
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#34 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:52 pm

Thanks for the input, guys. If no-one objects to this, I would like to just delete the ones not logging in for twelve months

The following members like this: Mats Abelli, Jose Artiles, Gwyn Morgan and Bill Parsons
Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#35 by Jose Artiles , Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:40 pm

I agree Vidar,i think 12 months is ok.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Gwyn Morgan

Jose Artiles
Date registered 08.16.2015
ThankYou 16

#36 by Gwyn Morgan , Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:05 am

Hope that this brings closure to this topic .....maybe we will have some more people join📽📽

The following members like this: Mats Abelli, Vidar Olavesen and Eivind Mork

Gwyn Morgan
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#37 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:21 am

So according to Nigel, forums are here to provide the members with interesting topics of film conversation, not the other way around ?????????????

Have I really understood that statement correctly?

Surely if there is nothing of interest here to some members, then they themselves would refresh it and completely rejuvenate this forum by posting there own startlingly interesting film topics, which no doubt in turn,would interest nearly everyone else due to their revolutionary startlingly interesting nature, and would subsequently bring the masses flocking to our forum here.

Personally I don't accept people simply logging in here once a year, being sufficient contribution to merit another 12 months membership here.

If people are that bored by our topics of film related conversation here,and cannot be bothered to attempt to post something that interests them and undoubtedly countless others, then no doubt they'll thank you for deleting them Vidar!

Let's not lengthen their agony eh?

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:18 am | Top

#38 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:06 am

I was thinking the same thing Andrew.

Timothy Duncan
Last edited Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:13 am | Top

#39 by Eivind Mork , Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:37 am

In general I think open forums are for the better. When I was new to the hobby I read a lot before I became a member. It was because I didn't think I had anything to contribute, but I read a lot. If most forums had been closed I wouldn't have discovered a lot of topics that made me so interested that I jumped in to it, became a member and started posting.

I won't open that discussion again, but I wrote this to explain my first reaction: The more open it is, the better. But I also think Andrew has a very good point: If there is nothing of interest, why not start a new topic about something that DO interest you? Maybe others have the same interest? Keeping on reading if there are nothing that interest you is a bit strange. There must be something?

I think too many people think they have nothing to contribute, but I will challenge you to try: Post some screenshots. Ask a question. Press "Top" on something you liked. Tell about your favorite equipment, or your favorite film. Tell about that super deal you made. Tell about the huge mistake you did (I have done several times, and think others can learn something). You will be surprised to discover that you can contribute with something others like to read in no time!

Thijs de Kort likes this

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#40 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:54 am

Nigel has been in this hobby for years Eivind.
I've even bought film from Nigel in the past.
He posts on the other forum occasionally...so why not here?
He has loads to tell us all here about his interest in this hobby, if he so wished and plenty to enthuse over. This isn't only applicable to Nigel here, but to many!

Your argument Eivind, only holds water regarding the novices and newcomers to this hobby, not seasoned collectors such as Nigel.

I understand however, that you only try see the good in everyone and to this end, I find your perception of some collectors outlook to be both refreshing and maybe just a little "rose tinted" regarding this whole scenario under discussion here.

In all too many instances, it'll be falling on deaf ears Eivind, very sadly!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:17 am | Top

#41 by David Weston , Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:34 am

Having only just joined this forum it is beholden on me to conform to the rules to which I agreed upon joining.
Andrew Woodcock had the best solution. Normal club memberships run annually, is there any reason or rule that this forum should be different?
The comment by David Hardy is a little severe I think. Unless it was meant to tongue in cheek. Rules applied retrospectively is not justice. Enforcement of a rule should apply from the date of that rules adoption surely.
At least they are my thoughts on this thread, and being new here, who am I to comment.
David

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Mats Abelli
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
David Weston  
David Weston
Date registered 01.30.2017
ThankYou 2

#42 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:44 pm

It looks like this whole philosophy is from a dated and bygone era here now David.

Vidar and Eivind (I think), are quite happy for a "sleeping majority" to remain members of the forums in general and as Vidar created this one, if this is how he decides it is to remain here, then irrespective of whether anyone participates in discussion or not,.. irrespective if they post something themselves on the forum or not,..then it appears Vidar would advocate that they remain an active member here.

Even if that last line of the statement above, is somewhat a contradiction in terms, if you catch my drift.

Nigel earlier in this thread speaks of often reading all of the posts here, but unless he finds anything interesting to him, simply doesn't comment.
That's fine, but all i would say to anyone who regularly does frequent these places, and therefore it can be assumed they must have some interest in film or associated equipment, then please DO post something that you ARE interested in. Otherwise, if everyone was of a similar mindset and just wanted to read but never bothered posting anything, then there wouldn't be any forums anymore, nor a point to having any.

We cover a wide range of topics here on the whole, it surprises me enormously when i hear regulars say there is nothing of interest to them here ever posted.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:01 pm | Top

#43 by Vidar Olavesen , Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:39 pm

I am not opposing the majority you know. I have a different opinion, but go ahead, Andrew, delete inactive users. I agreed to this, just not want the job doing it, since it is indifferent to me if people post or not. If anyone gets anything positive, learning anything, that is what pleases me. I said I follow majority, not that I wanted the job of executing it.

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 348

#44 by Eivind Mork , Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:44 pm

I don't like this as I have expressed before and hope I don't have to execute this myself, but I will respect the majority if you will perform this Andrew.

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#45 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:17 pm

it's not due until August 2017 I think it was agreed, based on 12 months from decision of the vote by our membership.

By then the vote will have to be honoured for it not to be farcical.

Lots of people never post anything, many don't or have never even logged in since joining the forum.

As said at the time, I'm certain for these people, we are simply tidying and updating their lives and doing them a favour. I certainly wouldn't want to be ever wasting anyone's time here.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:17 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
my print has landed and then gone to germany

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor