When is Vandalism art?

#1 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:27 am

In the news, "street artist" Banksy, has done one of his daubs on the side wall of a Primary School in Bristol, a right bloody mess it looks,
but the Teachers, Bristol Council, are all fawning over this atrocity. My question, if it had been a kid from a local council estate that had
committed this "art", he would no doubt have been awaiting his punishment, but because it is some idiot that has made a name for defacing public buildings, its art and should be protected. If he put paint to anything of mine, he'd discover painting with a broken arm
is a bit tricky. Gt. Britain is lost, no moral compass at all.

Hugh Thompson Scott

RE: When is Vandalism art?

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:41 am

I saw that film about Banksy. I thought, what a dick. One and half hour I won't get back

I'd be bloody pissed if he did his crap on my property

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#3 by Mats Abelli , Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:01 am

My answer is: NEVER!

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#4 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:17 am

This guy has done graffiti here in the States as well. Funny how these types get upset when someone defaces their"art", which in turn was already defacing a given structure. A bit of double standards if you ask me. These types are usually the darlings of the hipster crowds, whose tastes change as often as their clothes.

Douglas Warren

#5 by Thijs de Kort , Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:55 am

There is a lot of graffiti that would be considered vandalism especially if it's not in agreement with the owner of the building / wall / whatever they are painting on.
On the other hand there is a lot of graffiti around my place that can (at least in my opinion) be considered art. These pieces of art are an form off art that speaks more to me personally then a painting of someone in the 17th century.
Around my hometown there are 4 walls that are meant to be painted on without asking in advance, these walls are a complete mess now but it did reduce the painting in the rest of the city.

Thijs de Kort  
Thijs de Kort
Date registered 10.05.2015
home: Tilburg, Netherlands
ThankYou 1

#6 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:03 am

All Art Is Vandalism ... You work it out.

David Hardy

#7 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:21 am

As the sergeant shouts at the start of Full metal Jacket, "your so ugly you could be a modern art master piece". Perfectly described.
Modern art seems to be where some wanker makes a mess or stacks up some shit thats due for the tip and then some other total deadhead comes along and takes a picture of it, tries to explain it, then it often ends up on the news. F*** me does that annoy me.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#8 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:34 am

Who wouldn't want this on the side of their house? Apologies for picture quality, taken direct from screen. He hopes the
teachers don't mind!! So, here is a similar scenario, someone walks into your home uninvited, performs toilet duties on your
coffee table, wipes himself on your curtains, and hopes its okay, as he's a famous artist? Who wouldn't be thrilled!!!?

Attached pictures:
P1110997.JPG  

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:34 am | Top

#9 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:11 pm

I havnt seen this image yet, is that it? Really?
What a load of utter trash, if one of the school kids did it they would have been expelled.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#10 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:03 pm

Hugh in some areas of the UK it is considered disrespectful and bad manners
for an individual not to behave in such a way as at # 8 .
Hahahahahahaha !!!!

David Hardy

#11 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:58 pm

Very true David, it reminds me, ( story coming up, time to put the kettle on ) when my two mates were pebble dashing a wall and putting a coping on in situ, which is time consuming. This was a wall around Overend Secondary School in Whitehaven. They'd finished
more or less, Dinnertime for the pupils was nearly over, about 1.30, suddenly a lout decides to write his moniker in the soft cement, when hollered at, they received a load of abuse, now Raymond, the labourer, was very bad tempered, before his shovel had hit the ground, he was off, the lad ran into school, foolishly thinking he was safe, closely followed by Ray, into his classroom, full of pupils,
Ray caught him and chastised him a bit, the teacher was in shock, especially when Ray told the lout, "We don't do this work for a laugh,
any marks on that F'#[[];. wall, and I'll be back to give you another hiding!" and calmly walked out. That is the way to do it. I dread to think of what Kevin and his painters would have done to Banksy if they'd caught him defacing a wall just painted.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#12 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:59 pm

>>>>> .... <<<<<<....

David Hardy

#13 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:52 am

The very important point to this is simply, writing on walls is wrong, but you can obviously get away with this, if you are famous,
now try and explain this to those impressionable young minds, I'm trying to get my head around, raping women is a crime, unless
you are an athlete or footballer, especially in Britain, where you will get off with a fine.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:23 am | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
eBay Insanity..." Jaws" on 16mm

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor