eBay Insanity..." Jaws" on 16mm

#1 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:28 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Yesterday I saw a 16mm print of " Jaws" with faded color go for $935.78 (USD) on eBay. I know it's a popular film but wow, that much for a very faded print that appears to be heading to the pink / red zone? Utterly insane in my opinion but I imagine the seller is thrilled. I know I would be if it was me!

Dave Alligan likes this
Douglas Warren

RE: eBay Insanity..." Jaws" on 16mm

#2 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:49 am

Yes "the ebay insanities" continue to amuse me and I think they will for some time to come.

David Hardy

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:52 am

I suppose it only highlights the scarcity of such prints in any condition.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:39 am

I was going to launch into a "What a load of daftness" routine, but I've done it myself, bought a faded print purely for the pleasure
of ownership, I still view them, its not as though they are locked in a vault never to see a projector lamp again, its just nice to view
proper film.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#5 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:09 pm

I bought one myself this week Hugh from Paul, he warned me it was a bit on the red side but as it was rare I thought sod it I'll view it through a filter and he looked after me with the price too bless him . Wouldn't buy on ebay though, I'd rather watch the full film on (dare I say it)

Del Phillipson

#6 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:19 pm

I've only purchased two features on Ebay in 9 years, I was lucky in both cases, but I prefer to buy from someone like Paul, who checks it out then grades it, so you know what you are getting.

Robert Crewdson

#7 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:27 pm

I forgot Del, there was a third, and this had to be sent back, it was the Cagney movie 'Blood on the Sun', the famous fight scene in the last reel had been deliberately cut out then spliced together before parting with the film. Although the seller was informed, he continued to advertise it as 'No known problems', as he didn't own a 16mm projector. It's not advertised now, so maybe some unlucky person bought it and kept it.

Robert Crewdson

#8 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:57 pm

It went for three times what I thought it would end up going for!

Timothy Duncan

#9 by Gwyn Morgan , Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:15 pm

Not only Jaws I see tonight we have another 800 Alien for £150 plus the one for £200 oh well hayho someone might be daft enough📽📽🙄

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#10 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:48 pm

I guess we're all somewhat guilty of having spent more than logic dictates on a wanted print,no matter what the gauge is. My very limited budget automatically creates a spending brake on most of my film purchases.

Douglas Warren

#11 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:30 am

Doug, that is an understatement, we could solve World poverty by packing this hobby in and giving the money to the third world, then I
think, the third world are slowly moving here with us.

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Elmo Rollers

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor