Full Real Names Please!

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:03 am

It's fantastic to see new members joining here at the moment on a daily basis. We always welcome warmly each and every new member just as we hope all the existing ones will stay with us.

Just a quick reminder however that the forum does ask, if you will please, to use your real full name (first name and surname only - no nicknames or acronyms please).

This is a rule set by the forum to allow greater transparency among forum members and to allow greater bonding when knowing just who exactly it is, you are speaking with.

I hope this clears matters up regarding this and look forward to reading all of your posts in the near future hopefully!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 am | Top

RE: Full Real Names Please!

#2 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:14 am

I totally agree with you Andrew, but there still seems to be a number of members without proper first names and surnames, will Vidar block them until they ammend there details, I hope he does as we need to know who we are actually talking to, it does help.

Barry Attwood

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:19 am

That action Barry is entirely at Vidar's and Robert's discretion, though in principle, I entirely agree. I really don't understand how they can get accepted here by admin without submitting their posting name the same as their actual name?

Hopefully Vidar will clarify this one for us all.

Andrew Woodcock

#4 by Dave Alligan , Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:23 am

Total agree with you Barry & Andrew

Dave Alligan  
Dave Alligan
Date registered 09.23.2015
home: Felixstowe
ThankYou 11

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:24 am

I think in Flavio's case, it is simply a case he used his initial alongside his surname so that one at least is an easy remedy!

Andrew Woodcock

#6 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:25 am

Hi Andrew, although I helped Vidar in setting up the forum, and accepted his offer as an Admin, You, David, and I are on equal footing. Vidar can comment on this, but personally, I would remove them if they don't give their real or full names; what do they have to hide. I wouldn't remove anyone without consulting Vidar first: but I would like to know if we have that discretion.

Robert Crewdson

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:28 am

Ultimately Robert, I wouldn't choose to do any administrative task without first consulting all other admin members. Vidar and yourself got this off the ground so you both must be considered first and foremost in my opinion. Obviously David and my own opinions should be considered I'd say, but You & Vidar get the final say Robert in any split decisions.

Sorry if that seems like a burden Robert, but just like the X Factor with four Judges, someone has to make a casting decision in an equal split opinion.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:31 am | Top

#8 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:31 am

I don't really do any admin Andrew, that seems to be mostly yourself and David, and both doing it well. Vidar will tell you it's our forum. We need to know just what we can do on our own , like locking posts, deleting posts, without the need to consult, as sometimes only one might be online at the time and a decision might need to be made. Your thoughts on that.

Robert Crewdson

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:38 am

If I saw someone being abusive and/or personally insulting towards any other member (other than myself - I have very thick skin these days!), I wouldn't hesitate to step in and delete the post.
If I saw continuous digital talk on here from any particular member, in respect of the forum's 3 strikes and you're out policy, I'd do likewise Robert.
For deleting new members who may very well be perfectly respected film collectors in the community at large, I wouldn't dream of going gung ho and just strike people off the forum without first giving them the opportunity to reveal their identity to us all in the correct manner. I hope all who fall into this category realize they simply only have to PM any one of us to amend things for them.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:40 am | Top

#10 by Eivind Mork , Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:43 am

I didn't know about this rule when I registered today. I have now added my Full name under the "Full name" field in the profile after I saw this post, although I could not find a place to change the username to my full name, and now my username show up when I post even though I have written my full name under "Full name". Maybe others make the same mistake as me :-) Could some admin fix this on my profile or tell me how I can fix this myself?

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:47 am

Thank you new member, whoever you may be , simply post your real name to one of the four admin team mentioned and we will do our best to amend this for you.

Thanks again for the swift response, most appreciated!

Andrew Woodcock

#12 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:49 am

We don't seem to have the option of a pinned post, one that is on permanent display at the top of the page, outlining what the rules of the forum are. Vidar did set them out at the beginning, which were to be brief, No promotion of digital, no racist remarks, no personal attacks on other members. I can't remember if there were others.

Robert Crewdson

#13 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:52 am

Nothing too religious or Political is usually another that has to enforced using of course, common sense and sensible measures.

Hopefully, when Eivind next posts, his real full name should be his user name now with any luck. I saved the changes made so hopefully this should fix the situation.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:53 am | Top

#14 by Eivind Mork , Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:53 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I have by the way presented myself more extensively in an other thread :-)

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 405

#15 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:55 am

You have indeed. Username still the same?? I shall have to do some consulting by the looks of things.

Andrew Woodcock

#16 by Eivind Mork , Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:01 am

I just got a mail right now that it was fixed by someone. Thanks whoever it was :-)

Eivind Mork
ThankYou 405

#17 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:54 pm

Welcome Elvind, hope you enjoy the company and happy postings.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:55 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Gems in your collection

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor