my test results.track 1/2

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:05 pm

Further to my other thread, take a look at how well a balance stripe can play back, you will see here the reason why i was fuming. but now im good.
a refund is sorted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McKQf2OhbCw
The interesting thing here is how we assume the balance track to be of less quality, in this case on my HD its a good and loud as track 1. According to Van Ek the balance stripe on super 8 is generally of poor quality. wrong!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: my test results.track 1/2

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:26 pm

Having watched your excellent video Tom, I can say hand on heart that if Edwin is saying that track 2 can NEVER be good, he is wrong.

If he is saying, seldom is it ever As good as track1 OR many stereo films have a poor balance stripe...then he would be correct.

On your particular film demonstrated here, there is no doubt that track 2 is decent.

I don't think any of us ever doubted your word on this Tom. The Elmo HD can produce wonderful sound and I have never denied that either or ever heard anyone criticizing the sound ( apart from the wow) from these.
They have a very powerful amplifier on parity with power output on the Beaulieu later models except with the Elmo the sound has more bass through the internal amplifier and speaker.

I could make you (if I had a you Tube account) a similar video showing track 2 equally loud and clear from my faulty T610, but admittedly not through the monitor speakers as resonance takes over on the internal casing when playing loud just through the internal speakers.

With the external speakers connected the amplifier on the T610 becomes far more powerful as it delivers its full power to each speaker then if they are the matched 4ohm type recommended.

I am really pleased Edwin is giving you a full refund and I just hope the PJ is repaired back to normal asap and can find a new owner.

Equally, I hope you get exactly what you want this time around from your hard earned!
It's a pity it wasn't a successful venture but at least all is well that ends well pal!

Andrew Woodcock

#3 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:13 pm

Well to refer to the Elmo as "King" of machines is stretching it a bit Tom, they are not without faults, I would say you had a bad
experience, rectified by an excellent seller who has refunded you, all is well.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#4 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:17 pm

I'd love to have a Fumeo myself with 1200' capacity and stereo sound. A dream machine for me, but have to stick with the picky GS-1200 for now (I do love it, when it runs films okay, but often it's too picky)

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#5 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:29 pm

Vidar, I share your concerns with them, they were lovely when pulled out of the box brand new, but in a short time left a lot
to be desired, they are a "compromise projector", they do a lot for the money, but there is too much going on for its own good,
so costs were cut to allow something else into the box of tricks. Just look at other forums, every day, problems with Elmo,
the older projectors from the 60s like the old Eumigs never had all these problems, and didn't need plastic bits continually replaced,
maybe the Italians and Austrians have a more responsible attitude to projector manufacture.

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
I am Fuming

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor