RE: What are your most recent film purchases?

#1201 by Eivind Mork , Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:20 pm

Lucky you finding Donald’s Snow Figh! :-)

Del Phillipson likes this
Del Phillipson sais Thank You!

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

#1202 by Tom Photiou , Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:21 pm

Dell, that Derann Talos 400ft extract is great, we bought this one new from Derann at the time, it appears to be quite a rare one, aside ours, this one you now have is the only other one ive seen out there. Quality is outstanding and it is so much better than the columbia Talos, obviously much longer but with all the titles it works well with our parts 2,3 and 4 of the usual ones. I would love to get the last part of the full feature. As i understand it, Derann were going to release other parts in a similar fashion if sales were good on this one. I assume they weren't as no others appeared and the full feature only had a short limited release.
Well done on Carry on screaming.

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#1203 by Del Phillipson , Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:14 pm

Thanks guys, Been after Carry On Screaming for a while, the quality of it is brilliant, I'm with you Paul as it's one of my favourites too. Donald is another one I've been after for a while, I love anything Christmassy so while it's not necessarily Christmas there is a Jingle All The way in there, that'll do me :-), if I come across another one, it is yours Eivind.

Talos is a rare one, I believe our good friend Paul has it too and your right Tom, with the Opening titles included too it has to be one of the best 400' reels out there.

The following members like this: Paul Browning, Eivind Mork and Tom Photiou
Eivind Mork sais Thank You!

Del Phillipson
Date registered 07.18.2017
ThankYou 137

#1204 by Paul Browning , Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:52 pm

I have the full feature of Jason and the Argonauts but didn't know about the extract, a really good find Dell. My recent purchase was a two part of doctor who's invasion of earth in wide screen, would love the feature of this though, this has very good colour too. My other was flash Gordon which has blistering colour, just bursts out the screen at you, a bit Barbarella ish with over the top costumes but an amazing print from Derann .....

The following members like this: Del Phillipson and Tom Photiou
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#1205 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:13 pm

Almost found a Ferdinand, only a few weeks ago. Paid, turns out it was no longer in stock. If you ever think of selling, please give me a call ;-)

Well done

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#1206 by Del Phillipson , Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:38 pm

Will do Vidar, Paul, Flash Gordon is a rollercoaster ride with a great soundtrack, will sound amazing with one of your re record jobs :-).

Del Phillipson
ThankYou 137

#1207 by Tom Photiou , Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:33 pm

Recieved a speedy gonzalos cartoon yesterday. Didnt have one of those before. Despite a superb packaging job (&it was really well packaged) those wankers at my hermes decided to force it through my letter box and managed to break the lovley case it was in. I will be having words with the driver when i see him
Great little cartoon though.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#1208 by Del Phillipson , Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:56 am

Flippin eck mate I even covered the case with cardboard :-(

Del Phillipson
ThankYou 137

#1209 by Stuart Reid , Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:34 am

Hermes are absolute Shitehawks of the highest order. I will NEVER send anything with them again.

Stuart Reid
Date registered 03.07.2016
ThankYou 37

#1210 by Tom Photiou , Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:46 pm

i couldn't agree more Stuart, and as dell said, he could not have packed it better if he tried, there was card around the case and two bubble wrap bags. it was perfectly packed. What Hermes did was somehow get it through my letter box. it also had a soft landing as i have soft cushions there when im expecting anything.
The other thing they do it leave it under a bush in my front garden no matter the weather and they say its been signed for.
check this out
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.myhermes.co.uk?page=2

i see there a German company which surprises me, the German company's are usually pretty good but i have to say you get what you pay for, mind you, other company's are equally as bad. The drivers get so loaded up they just want to get around asap with minimal customer contact to slow then down.
Dell, on a good note the film itself is excellent.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

Last edited 12.03.2018 | Top

#1211 by Del Phillipson , Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:19 am

Glad you like it Tom, the old toons are the best :-)

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Del Phillipson
ThankYou 137

#1212 by Tom Photiou , Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:46 pm

They certainly are, and unless im mistaken, these dont seem to be on the telly anymore.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#1213 by Del Phillipson , Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:57 pm

Too violent for the Snowflake generation mate.

The following members like this: Martin Dew and Greg Perry

Del Phillipson
ThankYou 137

#1214 by Tom Photiou , Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:42 pm

Thats true. i have to work alongside a few "millenials" as Jim Davidson calls them, what a sappy generation, unfortunately it all started a fair few ago with those sad idiots who claimed that Tom & Jerry was too violent and racist. Its gone downhill ever since.
Thankfully we can all still enjoy them the way they were intended.

The following members like this: Mats Abelli, Martin Dew, Greg Perry and Del Phillipson

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#1215 by David Ollerearnshaw , Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:21 pm

Funny about the Tom & Jerry cartoons. I told my daughter a few years since that, she was about 6. Dad its not real you know its a cartoon.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Tom Photiou, Mats Abelli and Del Phillipson

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#1216 by Del Phillipson , Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:03 pm

I have a five year old adopted Grandson that is addicted to Tom & Jerry cartoons thanks to me, as well as Dastardly and Muttley & Scooby Doo (original ones), he can't get enough and my lad who's a chip off the old block encourages him at every attempt and just for all the snowflakes out there, yes he is still quite normal in every single way shape and form :-).

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Eivind Mork, Mats Abelli and Tom Photiou

Del Phillipson
ThankYou 137

#1217 by Paul Browning , Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:35 pm

Can't beat a bit of Tom and Jerry Del, I have no time for these "jobs worth's" nanny state clap trap, kept us entertained for years as kids, and my lesser known favourite "deputy Dog " from terry toons, really loved them .....

The following members like this: Mats Abelli, Del Phillipson and Greg Perry
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#1218 by Tom Photiou , Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:02 pm

It's funny isn't it? i remember when Home Alone was released and there were bits and pieces on the TV magazine programmes, (GMTV etc, otherwise known as tossers TV), and they were kicking off about the so called violence in that film when the two burglers were getting knocked about, it took a normal person to come on to explain that violence is when a guys hit or whatever with a weapon and goes down with blood and gore everywhere, Slap stick is where someone gets hit, falls down, then gets back up all in one piece and makes a funny noise as he shakes his head and carry's on. Jeepers put me in a room with one of these sad twats who go on like this.
When i was a kid growing up T & J made me laugh my socks off, the visuals and the sound effects were what did it, i never even gave a second thought to it being anything but great fun, same for L & H and many many more.

The following members like this: Del Phillipson, Greg Perry and Mats Abelli

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#1219 by Del Phillipson , Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:10 pm

Come on then, hands up who used to get the Christmas TV & Radio Times in the 70's and look for Tom & Jerry's The Night Before Christmas on TV, I know I did, looked for it every year. I'll be watching it in a bit too, just sorted my Christmas reels out

Reel 1 Stereo

Madagascar Penguins Christmas Caper - Donald's Snow Fight - Pluto's Christmas Tree - The Snowman (walking in the air)

Reel 2 Mono
A Walt Disney Christmas - Popeye : Mister & Mistletoe - Tom & Jerry's The Night Before Christmas (Derann print) - Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer - Once Upon A Wintertime - On Ice

Happy Happy days.

The following members like this: Greg Perry, Mats Abelli and Tom Photiou

Del Phillipson
ThankYou 137

#1220 by Greg Perry , Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:31 pm

#1218 - Tom,

Agree completely. Most or all of us watched these classic cartoons with slapstick "violence" growing up. We understood that it was humor and that in real life, we shouldn't hit people with irons, sticks, bats, or drop pianos, safes etc from great heights on others! We seemed to turn out decent enough. Sadly, these idiots feel that if young kids of today watch these classics, they will immediately go out and do something similar. I cannot understand how these people think.

#1219 - Del,
Nice assortment of Christmas films! I have been looking for the T&J Christmas one for a while, and still looking for a good color print.
But so far I have lined up: "The Littlest Angel" on 16mm Kodachrome, "Christmas Rhapsody" on 16mm B&W, Laurel and Hardy "March of the Wooden Soldiers" 16mm B&W, and then on Super 8, the Derann version of "The Snowman" (with the full vocals), and then the older Fleischer "Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer".
Our daughter will be in town and she enjoys watching these on film and I am sure thankful for that.

I will start another topic on Christmas film shows for 2018 and hope to see what others are planning.

The following members like this: Del Phillipson, Mats Abelli and Tom Photiou

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#1221 by Del Phillipson , Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:34 am

these shots were taken as I was re recording both prints into stereo, it was daylight so pictures not great. Donald's Snow Fight and Ferdinand The Bull.

The following members like this: Eivind Mork, Mats Abelli, Iman Yahya, Tom Photiou and Greg Perry

Del Phillipson
ThankYou 137

#1222 by Mats Abelli , Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:00 am

Beautiful prints, but why rerecord to stereo, when the original soundtracks are mono?

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#1223 by Iman Yahya , Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:33 pm

Those 2 Disney prints look lovely Del, did either of them come with any box art (generic or otherwise)?

Tom Photiou likes this
Iman Yahya  
Iman Yahya
Date registered 03.28.2017
ThankYou 4

#1224 by Del Phillipson , Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:59 pm

Mats, I suppose the simple answer is, why drink Prosecco when you can drink Champagne, the sound was ok but now the sound is great. Iman, the Donald came in it's original Derann box, however the Ferdinand came in a plain white box, it is Derann however as it is the full cartoon, totally uncut.

The following members like this: Iman Yahya, Greg Perry and Mats Abelli

Del Phillipson
ThankYou 137

#1225 by Iman Yahya , Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:19 pm

Thanks Del, I presume it's the usual generic box below for the Disney Derann 200 footers?
http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/archive/fi...key%20200ft.jpg

Among other purchases recently, I got a beautiful 16mm print of Mickey's Fire Brigade which I *think* is one of the very few Disney shorts Derann put out on 16. It's on Fuji stock and has the same lab leaders as a Derann Super 8mm print I've since sold off.

The following members like this: Del Phillipson and Tom Photiou
Iman Yahya  
Iman Yahya
Date registered 03.28.2017
ThankYou 4

Nostalgia 😁👍
Another funny, Mickey Mouse, Runaway brain

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor