The Elephant Will Never Forget

#1 by Eivind Mork , Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 pm

Super 8 200', b/w and sound.

I hadn't planned to buy this. I stood next to Simon McConway at Phil's stand at Blackpool and Simon mentioned this as he looked at it like I knew it. I did not and asked about it and finally ended up buying it (Simon had a copy already). The film was The Elephant Will Never Forget, a documentary about the last day of the trams in London.

In Oslo we still have trams running, and at Blackpool they run too. But in London they only run in Croydon now (I guess this is common knowledge in the UK, but as we have other members here too I wanted mention it). I know as I and my family took a trip with it last summer when our son could choose what he would like to see. So I found this rather interesting. The documentary was quite well made and I really enjoyed it. A bit sad, though, watching this as I knew they all would be destroyed.

Tom Photiou likes this

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

Last edited 03.26.2024 | Top

RE: The Elephant Will Never Forget

#2 by Graham Sinden , Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:45 pm

I also have this, great film and print.

Worth point out the Derann print (which I have) is excellent but is missing around 3 minutes to fit it on a 200ft reel but is difficult to tell as the editing is good. There was a full length version available but not sure who released it, and if the quality of that is as good as the Derann version.

Graham S

Eivind Mork likes this
Graham Sinden  
Graham Sinden
Date registered 11.19.2015
home: Kent, UK
ThankYou 45

She Flies & a Handful of trailers / scope
War of the Worlds x2

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor