War of the Worlds x2

#1 by Gwyn Morgan , Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:31 pm

A couple more trailers come advertising,for War of the Worlds.
The first is the 50 ft trailer for the 1953 Gene Barry adventure based on the novel by H G Wells.
My copy has faded but nonetheless a nice watch.

For the second WOTW I showed my copy of the advertisement for Jeff Wayne’s Musical Version of The War of The Worlds.
This again is a 50 ft reel but although the colour is good it is a dark print.With commentary by Richard Burton,and a compilation of the sound track to accompany the film.This film was used to advertise the original double album.
Now I don’t think I am that obsessed with the musical version but I have seen it three times and as you will see I have a number of versions of the sound track including a German version were the narrator is Curt Jurgens,have included some extra pics.

Obviously the first pic is for the LP,the DVD,old style cassette,and double cd.I could not find my special edition CD,still here somewhere 😂

Eivind Mork likes this

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

RE: War of the Worlds x2

#2 by Tom Photiou , Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:39 pm

Two good ones Gwyn, I did have a good print of the Jeff Wayne musical promo but did sell it, one of those ones I wish I held onto. The prints of this film varied greatly from excellent low fade, which I assume may have been /derann re-prints to the faded, it's a good short though.

Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

The Elephant Will Never Forget
Warner / Disney

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor