Reflection’s UK, 200ft colour sound Derann Release.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:13 pm

This 200ft short has to be one of the very best ever bought to the super 8 gauge along with its companion release Precious Images which Derann put out as Reflections USA. The other similar type of release in this style was the brilliant pieces of silver. Like many collectors we are lucky to have all three.
This is essentially a celebration of 100 years of British films and is a roller coaster ride of hundreds of clips from movies expanding the 100 years at the point of this film’s release, each film clip being two to three seconds long and it is very well put together. Any serious film collector must have a copy of this and the other two releases, all three make one of the best show openers you could want. The image of this release is pin sharp with excellent vivid colours. I have two prints of this item, the first one I brought when it first came out and that print has excellent sound. The first opening note on the music for about a second or two is rather wowy to say the least, (as the ticket zooms in) but is very short lived, the rest of the film is fine. We had this film sent back to Derann twice for a re-record but it came back the same each time. All said, this is a must have 200ft film and the stirring music within is perfectly matched to the on screen images that flash before the audience.
A few years ago I bought a second copy, to my surprise the film had been rerecorded into stereo and the improvement in the clarity and quality of the music is massive. The sound on the main stripe is perfectly good but the added rerecord on the balance track is a 100% improvement. This second copy does not suffer with the wonky opening note either so I’m not too sure why Derann had so much trouble with the two rerecords on my original print which was purchased from new.
In short this is a compilation of rapid-edit clips from British feature films. Made for the UK/LA Film Festival 1994.

For those who have not got a copy, please view it here for as long as the link works.

http://www.paulbernard.com/Clips/

The following members like this: Mark Mander, Greg Perry and Martin Dew

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Ads of the 60s. Derann 200ft colour sound.
The Godfather 3 x400ft (on 1 x 800ft), Marketing

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor