The Dambusters Mascot

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:15 am

First and foremost, I wont mention the name of the black Labrador dog that belonged to first commanding officer Guy Gibson who led the Dambusters in WW2. Everyone knows what the dogs name was but every sap is afraid to say it these days, thank Christ the film is uncut on super 8, even the occasional TV showing still manages to remain uncut.

On the news today, (and we can only live in hope) it looks as though the local councils plans to relocate the grave including the dogs remains may possibly be refused, they want to use the disused base as a camp for illegal immigrants. You can read this story here, (link below), I cant be bothered to explain it because it makes me mad that this fag of a country even contemplates crap like this. The people who live in Scampton have rightly kicked off about it and are fighting this stupid nonsense. Of all the things going on, all they worry about is offending assholes who arrived here illegally who have no right to be here. Of all the things going on in the world, this is all councils can think about.

Whats this got to do with a film forum? Everything, because our super 8 prints may end up being one of the only things left to tell the full true history of this squadron and its commanding officers dog which, played an important role for Guy Gibson and the dam busters squadron, the dogs grave has been here since it died on the eve of the raid.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...ants-there.html

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 07.05.2023 | Top

RE: The Dambusters Mascot

#2 by Mark Mander , Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:54 pm

The last time I watched the film on TV the name was redubbed so it no longer is shown in its original cut, Mark

Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#3 by Paul Browning , Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:25 pm

I think you will find Tom the council will move the grave regardless of what the locals think, they listen with there pleading hearts, but you know they will favour the immigrants in the end, seems to be one rule for one and a different one for everyone else, a bit like the forums really, depends who you are and who you know ...........

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#4 by Gwyn Morgan , Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:59 pm

Sad reflection on the times we live in.Say no more.

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

Maurice Leakey
This message from RM, be aware

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor