jool81 Avoid this ebayer

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:30 pm

Another clown to avoid. add him/her to your barred list,

It started with, "would you accept £30 for this film, NO ITS AN AUCTION, THERE IS NO BIN PRICE LISTED. hen he bid, withdrew, bid again withdrew again, then won.

First off, to be very fair, this buyer bought a film from me, paid the dosh, no problem, but when those idiots at Royal mail lost yet another parcel, I have had to, quite rightly, refund the guy, but here's the thing.
This half wit only waited two working days before sending a message, "not recieved the film, I want a refund". An abrupt asshole, My first thoughts were, This geezer only has three feedbacks, one was "non payer, avoid". I told the buyer, "you asked me if i could post out before week end as it was for a birthday present", that was probably a lie, but i got it out on the Friday, his first email was the following Tuesday, I asked him to wait for one week to pass, i said if it isnt there by Thursday I will refund you, i told him to check my feedback and he would see I'm genuine. So the dickhead decided to open a case.
Second message, "it hasnt arrived, I want a refund please thank you"
Today, it looks as though RM have lost it, they are like all the couriers now, useless tossers who dont give a monkeys.
So this bellend hopefully wont buy off me again, I dont know what it is about some people, abrupt ignorant A hole.

Rant over

Paul Browning likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Last edited 06.23.2023 | Top

RE: jool81 Avoid this ebayer

#2 by Paul Browning , Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:25 am

Sad but true Tom, i find this the attitude of most people you deal with, either on or off flea bay. I think the covid injection has turned some peoples brains to cotton wool. I had to return a 16mm film which was completely crap, worse film i've ever owned, and this bloke "projectfilm aholic " if your watching sent me about 20 garbled ranting messages , another f*** kin idiot who you need to avoid like the plague.....
I still find it odd that they still loose parcels and can't then trace them within there own "brilliant tracking " system, and yet i can get a parcel from across the world and land on my door step with an hour of there delivery times, they must have a warehouse somewhere in the uk for all these parcels, just winds my gears it really does ........

Dave Baker does not like this!
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#3 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:19 am

My parcels always have the return address on the back as well. I think RM is turning into the rest of them, once privatised it goes tits up, i bet, like Evri, they have a place for items they cant sort and they destroy them.
The guy you mentioned re listed that film again that you had.
Fortunatly, while these A holes on ebay (& as you said, everywhere else) the vast majority are fine. Sadly these clowns, like the ones who list 400ft films for a grand, stick out like a sore thumb.
This is the third RM have lost a pacell with tracking etc, so who the hell do you use that you can trust?

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#4 by Gwyn Morgan , Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:50 pm

Perhaps we should have a separate list for these people,maybe within the odd reel section.
Its a real shame there are these people out there who do this hobby no credit what so ever ,there is a similar thread on another forum where someone has lost the plot.
Its bad enough what with costs and finding a courier that will deliver,without the hassle of refunds etc,or bad prints being sold.
Things ain't what they used to be.

The following members like this: Paul Browning and Tom Photiou

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

#5 by Paul Browning , Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:45 pm

Sadly Gwyn, you can't speak the truth , even if your alerting people to the activities of numpties on flea bay, the truth hurts even if its for the good .............

Gwyn Morgan likes this
Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#6 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:10 pm

The thing is, the film film didn't turn up the next day after posting, so i get the concern as first class recorded should be next day, howeverr, ask the post office and the official time is up to four working days.
My problem with this clown was how abrupt he was just two working days after I posted it out. then the next day another abrupt email, putting please or thank you after you've been abrupt doesn't cut it with me, once an A hole always an A hole so he wont be buying from me again, his problem was, he won it one day and wanted it the next, he got his refund as I promised he would one week after I posted it out if it didn't turn up, it didn't, he was refunded on the 6th day.
Gwyn, it is a good idea to have a section, (maybe within a section) where we can list/ warn others of problematic ebayers. Thankfully, the majority of sellers and buyers are fine.

Gwyn Morgan likes this
Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#7 by Mark Mander , Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:25 pm

Can we ad FFTC62 to the list as he clearly doesn't post things quick enough, Ha Ha!!!

Seriously though Tom it does seem very odd that the seller contacted you after only two days, two weeks maybe would be better on time scale to be concerned, it doesn't add up.

Where does it leave you with the loss? Will the post office help out,I think I know the answer??

Also with parcels being delivered, many times they have just been left on the door step, we have a parcel box but if its not stated to drop them in there then they won't do it, I've heard many tales of people claiming the parcels haven't been delivered or stolen from outside, you know they have them, covid has made things easier for parcel companies and also easier to pull a fast one with buyers, Mark

Tom Photiou likes this
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#8 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:08 pm

Because it was recorded delivery and we have receipts, we will claim it back off RM. It's long winded but unlike Evri, you can get hold of someone and they will pay out as long as you can prove the sale and costs etc.
Again though, my preference is clear on the every sale, posted out within 5 days. I was a bit suspicious as soon as they paid for it and messaged me to say its a birthday present could i get it out earlier. I could smell a rat because they would have read the listing and seen the 5 days i select. Had they have waited for four or five days before demanding I would have accepted something had gone wrong, but this wankers messages were abrupt and demanding, in future, my listings will have the time of posting added to the listing at the end in case dumb asses like this either cant read or wont read in full.
Most of my listing will state to read in full before biding. I guess there will always be one

Gwyn Morgan likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

Last edited 06.24.2023 | Top

#9 by David Ollerearnshaw , Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:25 pm

Mention of My Hermes Evri name change doesn't make them improve. I went past the Evri place yesterday no wonder they lose things the place was massive, bet it was half a mile long. They have this habit of taking a photo when they deliver. We had a parcel with the photo on email only problem was in was a white door and ours is blue.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#10 by Tom Photiou , Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:32 pm

As it happens, and this is the annoying thing, the lost film was posted via Recorded delivery via Royal Mail.
Evri are the curse of posting however, as much as I vowed never to use them again after a previous loss and the aggravation of trying to claim, I do use them for sales under £30.
The same day i used royal mail, i also used Evri for one lower priced item ,the Evri item got there in two days, one of the two I posted RM 1sst class took 6 days, the other is lost. Who do you trust? None any more.
I can only reiterate that idiot buyers, like the one mentioned here, will now have to wait at least 10 days for any refunds, if they open a case like this twat did, so be it. I did see he only had four feedbacks, and one of those was "avoid" so that speaks volumes.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

This message from RM, be aware
Film Storage, vertical or horizontal?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor