Catastrophe and some carpentry

#1 by Eivind Mork , Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:50 pm

When we arrived at the cabin last week, a catastrophe revealed itself. A shelf with films had broken down. There were films everywhere on the floor. Some covers where damaged too. What a bummer! The worst part was that I had spotted the shelf beginning to sag a little the weekend before, so I had already bought new sturdier brackets to replace the old ones. Too late...

But when I was first doing carpentry, I decided to make more small shelves to be placed behind the door. You use the space you can, right? I used a diagonal metal string to support it and make it more sturdy.

Now I have less boxes on strange places at the cabin as more can be placed in proper shelves :-)

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

Last edited 06.16.2023 | Top

RE: Catastrophe and some carpentry

#2 by Tom Photiou , Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:26 pm

It could have been worse Eivind, flood, fire or theft!! I always look on the bright side,
Hope none of the films were damaged.
Its been three years now since our near disaster when our lower ground floor got flooded. Had I had been away for the weekend, or even a full day, my film room would have been filled and everything would have been lost, (aside my Brother own films and projector's as his place).

It shows how things can change in a moment.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Super8database, and Super 8 in general, in university research
New epsiode: Q&A with former Derann director Ged Jones at Blackpool 2022

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor